3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Sucker Punches (Read 1095 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

You may still want to apply the beer...better safe than sorry you know.

I've been trying that with my sinus infection. So far it hasn't helped, but I'll keep upping the dosage until it does.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

So anyway, back when I got the shot in my hip the doctor wanted me to be active to see whether the shot worked.  I picked up my running and I was fine for a while (I got the shot on January 28th).  I am now noticing more pain.  Weird thing is that it is most painful to sit.  Really does not bother me while running.  The surgeon said that this is not uncommon.  And by picking up the running I am talking 15 - 20 miles a week, nothing that even hints of over doing it.  So this is more of a reinforcement to me that surgery is the right thing.

Since I won't be allowed to run for three months post surgery, I am going to back off now.  If I get a nice warm day I will not be able to resist hitting the trails for a short run but that will be about it.  But going forward it will be mostly core work, walking, yoga, stuff like that.

Not at it at all. 

Not sure what to think of a tumor the ortho found on my femur, about 6 in long.  Explains the numbness and burning pain in the leg for a while now, we'll sort of, the pain is pretty low level but enough to wake me up several times a Night which is why went to the doc.  MRI scheduled.

Prince of Fatness

Yikes!  I hope that it is nothing serious.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

+1

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

+1

Feeling the growl again

+3/4/5.  Hopefully with better resolution of the MRI it's nothing.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Thanks all. Freaking out a bit as primary bone tumors are more common in adolescents with still growing bones, and happen near the growth plates. Hoping this is just an old injury of some kind which did not heal properly.

First visit to a doc in 15 years and this is what I get, was really thinking this is a nerve issue which while painful is not so scary.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

+1

When is the MRI?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Thanks all. Freaking out a bit as primary bone tumors are more common in adolescents with still growing bones, and happen near the growth plates. Hoping this is just an old injury of some kind which did not heal properly.

First visit to a doc in 15 years and this is what I get, was really thinking this is a nerve issue which while painful is not so scary.

So...either you're the world's oldest adolescent, or you've got a really good chance that this is nothing major. Definitely hoping for the latter.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Yes, very much hoping that tis is not serious!

steph  

C-R

Indeed!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Walk-Jogger

+1 to what everyone else said. Scary, but probably and hopefully nothing serious.

Retired &  Loving It

Happyfeet, I am keeping fingers and toes crossed that this is nothing serious.  I would tell you not to worry and not to read stuff on the internet, but I know both of those are impossible.  Instead, just try not to catastrophise things when it really could be anything, and prepare yourself with questions you want to ask and perhaps someone you'd like to take to the MRI so they can help ask stuff and listen too. Did the ortho give any further information when you spoke to them?  When is the MRI?  Sorry for all the questions.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

MRI scheduled for next Thursday.  Not sure if wife (internist) can go to the MRI, most likely will be a better idea to take her to the Orthopedist when the MRI result is in.  Have a cousin who is an Ortho as well, will ask him for advice on questions to ask.

I am reasonably sure this is benign, as I had this issue for about 2 years now and does not look to have gotten any worse. Can definitely live with the annoyance if it stays that way.