3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Feeling the growl again

Finn, WhoDat --

If you have any leftover Flat12 Pogue's Run Porter, I suggest you drink it immediately and not try to age it.  I think Flat12 has some work to do on their beers yet.  So I had the six-pack I bought and sent some to Finn.  I drank one of those when I bought it, it was great.  But now it's hyper-carbonated.  I thought maybe it was just the one bottle from the pack but I opened the last one and it'll probably be half an hour to get the 12oz bottle into a pint mug.  Taking a swig from the bottle it explodes like a Pop Rock when it hits the tongue.

There was another dark craft brew I had this same issue with earlier this year, I'd have to look back as the name escapes me right now.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Noted.  I drank one as soon as I received shipment and have one more left.  It's in the queue, so many beers, so little time.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

so many beers, so little time.

+1.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Merry Christmas y'all.

Feeling the growl again

Having a Potato Head Holiday Spiced Ale right now.  Spaniel, you have one of these (#18).  Since it tastes like Christmas, you must have it on Christmas.

Already chilled for tonight....

C-R

For this evening with family

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Had the Bernardus 12 earlier. Yum! Dman.

Now on to this...

Feeling the growl again

Potato Head Holiday Ale in the new fancy beer glasses my wife gave me for Christmas.  We both really liked it.

Excellent job, Finn.  Thank you.

Now sipping a 2011 Spaniel Cellars Marachel Foch from my new wine glasses.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Holy cow. Seek this one out.

Just finished my first Stone Ruination IPA. Wow. Started off like being punched in the face by a giant angry hop, but a bit of patience was rewarded. It won't be my last.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Prince of Fatness

Potato Head Holiday Ale in the new fancy beer glasses my wife gave me for Christmas.  We both really liked it.

Excellent job, Finn.  Thank you.

You're welcome!  I had family over yesterday and those were on the drink menu.  Perfect for Christmas.  I have a few more left and am going to save them for next year.

Not at it at all. 

lagwagon

Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron tonight.  I don't care what my wife says....I really like this stuff (thanks Finn).

I got one of these left from the other night...outstanding brew.  DFH seems to brew the only wood aged beer i've found to be enjoyable, as I also like the Burton Baton.   Most of the others that I've tried have a cheap chardonnay vanilla oak flavor to them.

Trent, I have to look for that Black Ops...I think I saw it in a pub nearby the other night, now I have a reason to stop tomorrow.  Also, I like the sound of the DC Brau El Hefe Speaks you mention a few pages back....mostly because I suspect it's named after a classic Clutch song.  Havent seen DC Brau in the area but I'll be down there in couple weeks and will hunt it down.

Prince of Fatness

Finn, WhoDat --

If you have any leftover Flat12 Pogue's Run Porter, I suggest you drink it immediately and not try to age it.  I think Flat12 has some work to do on their beers yet.  So I had the six-pack I bought and sent some to Finn.  I drank one of those when I bought it, it was great.  But now it's hyper-carbonated.  I thought maybe it was just the one bottle from the pack but I opened the last one and it'll probably be half an hour to get the 12oz bottle into a pint mug.  Taking a swig from the bottle it explodes like a Pop Rock when it hits the tongue.

Just opened one and confirmed.  No gusher, but it poured "frothy", and I was careful.  With patience, it's still mighty tasty.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Just opened one and confirmed.  No gusher, but it poured "frothy", and I was careful.  With patience, it's still mighty tasty.

Yeah, it's a really good beer so the froth with age was disappointing.

Up in rural MI now.  Found a 6-pack of Thirsty Dog Barktoberfest.  It had dust on the bottles.  The Busch Lite and Bud Light next to it did not have dust.  Ugh.

Anyways, it was still decent stuff.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Where in Rural MI?