3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Prince of Fatness

FWIW I thought most of Sweetwater's beers were decent enough, worth seeking out for a taste.

Yeah the beer fairy has sent me several and they were good.  As a matter of fact I have an Exodus Porter in the fridge.

Right now I am having a first taste of a Black IPA I brewed Thanksgiving weekend.  Subtle roastiness just as I like with this style.  Bitterness is right there, too.  If I had to do it again I would add more late addition hops and dry hops.  I think that the darker beers may need a little more.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Yeah the beer fairy has sent me several and they were good.  As a matter of fact I have an Exodus Porter in the fridge.

Right now I am having a first taste of a Black IPA I brewed Thanksgiving weekend.  Subtle roastiness just as I like with this style.  Bitterness is right there, too.  If I had to do it again I would add more late addition hops and dry hops.  I think that the darker beers may need a little more.

I'm sure it's absolute shit, better try again.  You'd better pack it all up and send it to me before you poison your taste buds.... Big grin

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

I'm sure it's absolute shit, better try again.  You'd better pack it all up and send it to me before you poison your taste buds.... Big grin

Here's the deal.  Come pick it up.  Free lodging.  Good running places.  Free beer.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Here's the deal.  Come pick it up.  Free lodging.  Good running places.  Free beer.

You have no idea how tempting that is right now.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

You have no idea how tempting that is right now.

Oh, I do.  Remember that you are chatting to the guy that drove 10+ hours each way for a beer mile and is actually contemplating doing it again.

I know.

Not at it at all. 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

You might want to try Terrapin Anniversary or Terrapin Reunion if they are still available.

My husband liked both.

steph  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Bell's Hopslam is available now here in Indy and their Black Note Stout should be available in a week or two. If any of you can't get it elsewhere and want it let one of us Indy folks know.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I have a few feelers out for the Black Note Stout, but if you can get it, please do. I'm good for a 4 pack or two. If I end up getting it elsewhere, I will let you know.  Thanks!!

BTW, yes, I do realize it is $24 per 4 pack.

Prince of Fatness

Bell's Hopslam is available now here in Indy and their Black Note Stout should be available in a week or two. If any of you can't get it elsewhere and want it let one of us Indy folks know.

I can get Bells in PA so I will have to look.  Just what I need, another beer mission.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

Flat 12 coming to Nashville.

That was on FB several days ago. You still drunk from the Westy?

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Have not been following their FB. I need to correct that.

BTW, in hand: Westy Blond, Westy 8 and Westy 12, send from Belgium from ANOTHER beer fairy. Dude.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

BTW, in hand: Westy Blond, Westy 8 and Westy 12, send from Belgium from ANOTHER beer fairy. Dude.

Lucky bastard.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Flat 12 coming to Nashville.

I hope they have fixed the issue with their Porter.  That is a nice beer...I really like their beers...but I WAS disappointed by the carbonation issue.  But bottling is new to them so I figure they will work through it.  I plan to ask next I am in there.

C-R

Have not been following their FB. I need to correct that.

DAMN!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/