3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Kalsarikännit

Southern Tier's Hopsun says it is a single hop beer, but I can't find out or figure out what kind.  Anyone know?

I was not impressed by this beer, but I'm curious.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Prince of Fatness

http://beerpulse.com/2013/04/stone-brewing-co-announces-locations-for-enjoy-by-05-17-13-ipa

New Jersey, yeah!

I should be on a list at one place and have a couple of recruits on as well, so we will see.

I have called around, and am getting the impression that the stores are getting tired of all of these special release beers coming out.  They are getting inundated with phone calls each time and the distributor is not always forthcoming with what they will get.

It may get to the point where it becomes more hassle than it is worth even for me.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Running is stupid.

Feeling the growl again

Running is stupid.

Apparently you and I have been pretty smart lately, then.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

My son in law came over tonight and we brewed up the baby beer, Mother's Milk Stout.  We will give these out when the baby is born.  My wife is going to make little "It's a Girl" cards and tie them around the bottle necks with pink ribbon (yes we know it will be a girl).  Hopefully it will turn out good.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

My son in law came over tonight and we brewed up the baby beer, Mother's Milk Stout.  We will give these out when the baby is born.  My wife is going to make little "It's a Girl" cards and tie them around the bottle necks with pink ribbon (yes we know it will be a girl).  Hopefully it will turn out good.

The only problem I would see with that is that I would want to put it on a shelf and not drink it.

Congrats again, BTW.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

The rumor mill says that the kbs keg gets tapped next week.

Half pint drafts will be offered Monday evening.  You need to go and get a ticket between today and Sunday.  Buy a draft, get a ticket.  A ticket gets you a half pint of kbs.  I will go on my way home today and fill a Grolsch bottle to go.  I want to work out before I have beer.

Not at it at all. 

http://beerpulse.com/2013/03/stone-espresso-imperial-russian-stout-debuts-on-april-15th-091

This and the regular version of the Stone IRS have hit MA this week. I'd guess it's probably in other states as well

The Enjoy by 5/17 also landed or so I read since it's not something I'm interested in

Prince of Fatness

This and the regular version of the Stone IRS have hit MA this week. I'd guess it's probably in other states as well

The Enjoy by 5/17 also landed or so I read since it's not something I'm interested in

Have seen neither yet, though I hear that it is imminent.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

Nice. WhoDat and I tried the KBS today after the run (along with some Chimay) to drown our sorrows. It was a good beer but way too bourbony for me.

I have some Milk Stout for this evening.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Enjoy by 5/17 also landed or so I read since it's not something I'm interested in

Well then please go buy an allocation and send to me...

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Well then please go buy an allocation and send to me...

For real!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

For real!

What the hell are you waiting for? Cripes, bro.

Prince of Fatness

So today Mrs Finn and I took a little drive and went to Troegs, then Stoudts.  Troegs recently moved from Harrisburg to Hershey.  They are right next to Hershey Park.  They have a real nice tasting room.  Lots of space.  The highlight was their growler fill machine.  They put your growler in, close the door, and push the button for what you want.  The machine then purges the growler with CO2.  Growler is filled.  Done.  These are flip top growlers, and filled this way they last a long time.  I have had beer from one a couple months after the fill and it was like it was poured from the tap.  They have the lines set up right so there is little foam.  So between the beer not wasted and the saved labor I am thinking that the setup has already paid for itself.  Very smart.  Stoudts was OK.  Brewery was closed but we ate at the restaurant and I picked up some special release stuff to go.

Not at it at all. 

Kalsarikännit

Sorry I blew up everyone's untappd today. Big grin  One ounce tastings are ridiculous, but I got to try some amazing stuff.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart