3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

C-R

Sorry I blew up everyone's untappd today. Big grin  One ounce tastings are ridiculous, but I got to try some amazing stuff.

Damn. I thought you were going for the brass ring of Sunday drinking. Either that or beer mile practice.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Kalsarikännit

Damn. I thought you were going for the brass ring of Sunday drinking.

Bad news of the day:  One ounce tastings.  Good news of the day:  One ounce tastings. That was potent stuff.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Craig

Smoky awesomeness: the Bruery, Smoking wood smoked imperial rye porter in rye barrels 2013; Brouwerij Hof Ten Dormaal, Belgian blond ale brew #7 aged in Ardbeg barrels. General awesomeness: Bourbon County, KBS, and WrigleyGirl.
        WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Sorry I blew up everyone's untappd today. Big grin  One ounce tastings are ridiculous, but I got to try some amazing stuff.

Very cool. I added several to my wish list.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

Smoky awesomeness: the Bruery, Smoking wood smoked imperial rye porter in rye barrels 2013; Brouwerij Hof Ten Dormaal, Belgian blond ale brew #7 aged in Ardbeg barrels. General awesomeness: Bourbon County, KBS, and WrigleyGirl.

Cranky's first post and he's bringing the heat. Well done.

(if it wasn't the first post wtf do I know. I'm just a slow asshole, who damn near shits himself during a half in a city that seems to be pure evil to my RA running companions).

Oh yeah and I am trying something new that was on sale for $5 at my local. Bersalis Triple. Damn fine Belgian.

I need that cause my back is sore from laying a new cork floor in the kids bathroom.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Kalsarikännit

Cranky has been around for an eternity, just under the name yoderc. You might remember him from the Swamp. He posted a bit, but was called out because one day he had to do a run that he always did on that day of the week. He had no intention of adding miles. And it left him at 1999 miles.

Kalsarikännit

Oh, and congrats on not actually shitting yourself, C-R.  Every race completed without beshitting yourself is like a little victory.

C-R

Oh, and congrats on not actually shitting yourself, C-R.  Every race completed without beshitting yourself is like a little victory.

True dat. I've not been that worried in a long time. It was as long as I could manage. Good lord that was close.

Feeling the growl again

True dat. I've not been that worried in a long time. It was as long as I could manage. Good lord that was close.

If it got you to a PR, you would have Hurtlocker points up the wazoo.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Craig

Cranky has been around for an eternity, just under the name yoderc. You might remember him from the Swamp. He posted a bit, but was called out because one day he had to do a run that he always did on that day of the week. He had no intention of adding miles. And it left him at 1999 miles.

That's me, mainly remaining in the background.  The beers I mentioned were just some highlights of this whiskey barrel aged beer festival.  WrigleyGirl's Untapped activity reveals more.  I also went to Stout Fest at Goose Island last month, but I'm not on Untapped and don't remember everything I tried there. Now on to Dark Lord Day next weekend.

And keeping with the spirit of the YTD mileage oddity I seem to be known for, I noticed that after yesterday's run, my YTD miles was 999.5.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You got DLD tix??? Wanna sell or trade out a bottle? Fuck.

Feeling the growl again

The beers I mentioned were just some highlights of this whiskey barrel aged beer festival.  WrigleyGirl's Untapped activity reveals more.  I also went to Stout Fest at Goose Island last month, but I'm not on Untapped and don't remember everything I tried there. Now on to Dark Lord Day next weekend.

Criminey.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

That's me, mainly remaining in the background.  The beers I mentioned were just some highlights of this whiskey barrel aged beer festival.  WrigleyGirl's Untapped activity reveals more.  I also went to Stout Fest at Goose Island last month, but I'm not on Untapped and don't remember everything I tried there. Now on to Dark Lord Day next weekend.

And keeping with the spirit of the YTD mileage oddity I seem to be known for, I noticed that after yesterday's run, my YTD miles was 999.5.

Ok. I recall yoder but not the Swamp BS. Cool you're here and damn, that's some fine beer tasting events.

I think those should get posted like a race.

Prince of Fatness

You got DLD tix??? Wanna sell or trade out a bottle? Fuck.

I thought that you said DL was just "OK"?  Or is it that you just can't help yourself?

Not at it at all. 

Kalsarikännit

Or is it that you just can't help yourself?

+1. Intervention time.

A bunch of guys that I was talking to last night all said that Dark Lord doesn't live up to the hype. That go for the bottle swap geekery.

MTA:  My first two beers that I had yesterday?  Rye on rye ale aged in rye whiskey barrels, and smoking wood smoked imperial rye porter in rye barrels. It just makes me all giddy saying all that aloud.