3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

C-R

MTA:  My first two beers that I had yesterday?  Rye on rye ale aged in rye whiskey barrels, and smoking wood smoked imperial rye porter in rye barrels. It just makes me all giddy saying all that aloud.

Beer dork!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Prince of Fatness

A bunch of guys that I was talking to last night all said that Dark Lord doesn't live up to the hype.

When we had that bottle at spaniel's last year I thought that it was tasty and am certainly glad that I was able to try it.  Is it something that I would go through the trouble of getting into a lottery for, then go wait in line to get, probably paying quite a bit per bottle I am guessing?  Probably not.

I did not find it all that much different than DFH World Wide Stout, which is relatively easy for me to obtain here if I want something like that.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I find it to be a highly conceptual beer that is not worth the hype and is not worth the effort and it's not worth the money. If I weren't such a geek, I wouldn't put out any of that for it. But I am and I do. So if you got a bottle then I'm happy to take it off your hands through purchase or trade :-)

Feeling the growl again

When we had that bottle at spaniel's last year I thought that it was tasty and am certainly glad that I was able to try it.  Is it something that I would go through the trouble of getting into a lottery for, then go wait in line to get, probably paying quite a bit per bottle I am guessing?  Probably not.

I did not find it all that much different than DFH World Wide Stout, which is relatively easy for me to obtain here if I want something like that.

IMHO I've never had a beer that was worth that much hype.  But I did like it and in a future year I hope to do Dark Lord Day just for the whole experience.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I hope to do Dark Lord Day just for the whole experience.

- crowds of biker beer geeks

- packed in people smoking ond overdrunk

- puke everywhere

- rudeness reigns

- huge loud heavy metal music blaring

- no parking, overpriced food

Have fun with that

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

OKAY I TAKE IT ALL BACK I TAKE IT ALL BACK NOTHING IS BETTER THAN DLD!!!!!

DEAL: I may be able to get tickets...any of y'all Chicago or Indy peeps available to go to DLD if I can get tix? You'd have to meet the ticket holder (who has to show ID) to get the tickets, then can go in...

Anybody??

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

- crowds of biker beer geeks

- packed in people smoking ond overdrunk

- puke everywhere

- rudeness reigns

- huge loud heavy metal music blaring

- no parking, overpriced food

Have fun with that

Sounds like my kind of gathering Big grin

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Craig

You got DLD tix??? Wanna sell or trade out a bottle? Fuck.

Sell or trade is a possibility and maybe even a barrel-aged version if my golden ticket gives me the opportunity to purchase one of those for $50 or whatever ridiculous price.

I was unsuccessful buying tickets online, but made the little road trip when they sold tickets at the brewery.  That puts me in the first group for buying beer, so my plan is to go early, buy my beer, leave to go for a run from the nearby park and then return to the event.

And yes, being in Chicago means access to some good beer events and being close enough to Three Floyds to buy the tickets when they sell to locals.  And next month is Craft Beer Week.

Feeling the growl again

Sounds like my kind of gathering Big grin

Which reminds me.  Bring your ax on Saturday if you want to test some stuff out.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Feeling the growl again

Anybody??

Something tells me they would not appreciate me trying to come in with 3 young'uns.  And something tells me I don't want my younger daughter exposed to bikers at ANY age.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Cranko, sounds good. Please let me know. I am genuinely interested.

Span span, no kiddos or pets allowed. Smile

C-R

And something tells me I don't want my younger daughter exposed to bikers at ANY age.

All that spandex is disturbing.

BTW - I had a Dogfish Head raison d'extra last night courtesy of WhoDat. OMG that thing kicked my ass. Haven't had a whuppin that I enjoyed more.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

All that spandex is disturbing.

BTW - I had a Dogfish Head raison d'extra last night courtesy of WhoDat. OMG that thing kicked my ass. Haven't had a whuppin that I enjoyed more.

I am more concerned that she would like it too much, that one is a hellion.

I did not post about it at the time but that Raison d'Extra was some fine stuff.  Very unique.  Amazing it covered the stupid high ABV so well.  We split one bottle, so I'm sure drinking the whole one sank you into the couch a bit.

Prince of Fatness

Half pint drafts will be offered Monday evening.  You need to go and get a ticket between today and Sunday.  Buy a draft, get a ticket.  A ticket gets you a half pint of kbs.

Had the half pint earlier.  Yeah it is pretty damn good.  I took my time and let it warm up and that is when the flavors really started to come out.  Quite a bit of coffee, chocolate, vanilla, and bourbon.  Some alcohol warmth too.  Lots going on and it was all good.

Not at it at all. 

And yes, being in Chicago means access to some good beer events and being close enough to Three Floyds to buy the tickets when they sell to locals.  And next month is Craft Beer Week.

My wife and I may be going sitter permitting...

MTA, the craft beer event at lincoln park- in June.  Can't take off the whole week to drink Big grin