3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Home Woot! has some beer glasses if anyone is interested.

http://home.woot.com/plus/spiegelau-beer-glasses

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Got to do a mini pub crawl in NYC last Sunday. Rattle n Hum, Ginger Man, Pony and Valhalla.

Ginger Man had four sours on tap, including Baladin Nora Zymatore. I didn't think I'd like something brewed with Egyptian kamut grain, ginger and myrrh, but it was as good as any sour I've ever had.

Valhalla had 7 or 8 Green Flash brews on tap, but I was done after a glass of the Palate Wrecker.

Then I puked in the Hudson during my run Monday morning. Good times.

Feeling the growl again

I was done after a glass of the Palate Wrecker.

Then I puked in the Hudson during my run Monday morning. Good times.

Nice.

There will be some serious beer consumption on Saturday here to celebrate getting 5 extra minutes added to my BQ time.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Nice.

There will be some serious beer consumption on Saturday here to celebrate getting 5 extra minutes added to my BQ time.

35? Happy birthday!

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Sigh.

Yeah, I know.  But somehow it feels like there was a line in the sand there that is being crossed.  Perhaps the injured are getting to my brain.

Thanks, mstuartm.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

That line is supposed to be 40 and you get a new title at that time. Master.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Happy b-day Spaniel!  35 is not old, look at all the 40+ runners kicking ass.

Happy b-day Spaniel!  35 is not old, look at all the 40+ runners kicking ass.

+1, there's plenty left in tank...

Prince of Fatness

This evening I will open my first bottle of Potato Head Galaxy Wheat / Rye.  Looking forward to it.

That is all.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

This evening I will open my first bottle of Potato Head Galaxy Wheat / Rye.  Looking forward to it.

That is all.

It did not disappoint.

Not at it at all. 

I have noticed recently that a couple of beers in the evening seems to help me recover faster than days when I don't drink. I plan to test this hypothesis again over the weekend and will report my findings. Wish me luck.

Feeling the growl again

I have noticed recently that a couple of beers in the evening seems to help me recover faster than days when I don't drink. I plan to test this hypothesis again over the weekend and will report my findings. Wish me luck.

If that were true, I would have been ship-shape long, long ago.  Big grin

Feeling the growl again

Photo sharing is being stupid.  Excuse the sideways pic.

Of course, after drinking this selection with RA friends tomorrow I will likely be sideways too.

If you can't read it...

Dark Horse Scottish Ale (MI) - this brewery is becoming a favorite of mine

Victory Red Thunder (thanks Finn)

Bell's Black Note Stout (thanks WhoDat)

Founder's KBS Stout  (only knew about due to Trent)

Barrel-Aged Old Rasputin XV ($22 a bottle, holy crap)

Rabbid Rabbit, Three Floyds

Victory White Monkey (thanks Finn)

I thought I had Victory Golden Monkey as well, but the beer shop was a mess under renovation and somehow it got lost on the counter (did not end up in my bag but I was not charged for it).

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

HOLYFUCKINGSHIT where did you get all those?