3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

I'm gonna want some of these.

http://mybeerbuzz.blogspot.com/2014/01/clown-shoes-2014-brewing-schedule.html

their stouts are all pretty good and a couple have been outstanding. I just wish it was a few bucks a bomber cheaper. I typically see it everywhere, but the more popular/highest rated ones don't always last very long. I think they have a huge distro footprint, but if there is something you can't find and really want just shoot me a message. I know I sent Trent a couple of bottles of very angry beast last year .That one came and went pretty quickly as I think it's their highest rated beer to date

Prince of Fatness

their stouts are all pretty good and a couple have been outstanding. I just wish it was a few bucks a bomber cheaper. I typically see it everywhere, but the more popular/highest rated ones don't always last very long. I think they have a huge distro footprint, but if there is something you can't find and really want just shoot me a message. I know I sent Trent a couple of bottles of very angry beast last year .That one came and went pretty quickly as I think it's their highest rated beer to date

Thanks.  I have tried most of their stouts and agree that they are tasty.  I really enjoyed Blaecorn Unidragon in particular.  Their other beers are good too.

It is weird.  I cannot get them in NJ but in PA they are plentiful.  I can get just about all of them except the real limited releases.  I do not find their prices to be that bad relative to other beer of similar quality.

Not at it at all. 

Thanks.  I have tried most of their stouts and agree that they are tasty.  I really enjoyed Blaecorn Unidragon in particular.  Their other beers are good too.

It is weird.  I cannot get them in NJ but in PA they are plentiful.  I can get just about all of them except the real limited releases.  I do not find their prices to be that bad relative to other beer of similar quality.

The more limited barrel aged stout prices have really crept up. I think I was paying between 13-$15 a bomber which is not crazy for a barrel aged beer , but most haven't been worth that price. Very Angry Beast was the exception. That beer was great and I wish I had bought more than one bottle as I would have liked to see how it developed/changed over time.  That pricing puts them in line with Firestone Walker Parabola which is a much better beer by far.

I really dislike most smokey beers so wasn't a big fan of Blaecorn Unidragon. It's funny how much we differ on beers we like The best I've had from them so far was the Very Angry Beast although this was was pretty solid as well

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/22951/106183/

If the rum notes mellow out a smidge it will be something special at least that's what I'm hoping. Although if you read some of the tasting notes some are complaining about not tasting any rum. I thought the rum was pretty strong and overpowering, but I'm not the biggest fan of rum

I also really enjoyed luchador en fuego

Prince of Fatness

I really dislike most smokey beers so wasn't a big fan of Blaecorn Unidragon. It's funny how much we differ on beers we like The best I've had from them so far was the Very Angry Beast although this was was pretty solid as well

We're probably not as far apart on taste as you think but that is the beauty of craft beer, there is something for everyone.

The way I look at pricing is that you go to a bar and prices start at around $5 a pint with the higher end at close to $10 and beyond, so I do not see $15 for a bomber of good beer to be out of line.

I just recently paid $30 for a bomber of Russian River Damnation.  That is toward my upper limit but I paid it because a) Russian River is more than rare here (I was surprised to even see it on a shelf), and b) I love their beer, especially their Belgians and sours.

Not at it at all. 

We're probably not as far apart on taste as you think but that is the beauty of craft beer, there is something for everyone.

The way I look at pricing is that you go to a bar and prices start at around $5 a pint with the higher end at close to $10 and beyond, so I do not see $15 for a bomber of good beer to be out of line.

I just recently paid $30 for a bomber of Russian River Damnation.  That is toward my upper limit but I paid it because a) Russian River is more than rare here (I was surprised to even see it on a shelf), and b) I love their beer, especially their Belgians and sours.

Don't get me wrong I've dropped $25-30 on many bombers. Hell I buy tons of Allagash 375mL sours at $15 per. I just didn't find most of the Clown Shoes to be worth the asking price based on personal taste and other available options

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I may be interested in any of the new stout variants...cannot get them here.

I may be interested in any of the new stout variants...cannot get them here.

you would have to send me specifics since I do not follow their beer releases too closely and they release a shit load of stouts. I think they slightly tweak recipes and rename the beer.

C-R

I like stout season. Not much to add but I have had 3 different Yeti's and they are good once properly warmed. Now in search of the Chocolate, Espresso and Bourbon Barrel.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Prince of Fatness

I will be about an hour and a half from Athens next week.  I thought about visiting Terrapin but then looking at their website there is no beer for takeout.  Not sure I want to drive that far to sample beer, most of which I can get back in NJ and have already had.

FFS Green's Beverage Warehouse in Columbia, SC is the place.  Much cheaper than NJ and a fine selection.  Bombers of Sweetwater Happy Ending for $5.  Enjoy By for $7.  Also picked up the Belgian and Chocolate Yeti.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

Nice.

Give a shout on Untappd with the Belgian Yeti when you try it. I can get it up here. That Chocolate one sucked something awful. You should just mail it to me for safe and proper disposal. 

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Prince of Fatness

Cigar City Big Sound Scotch Ale.  One fantastic malt bomb.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Give a shout on Untappd with the Belgian Yeti when you try it. I can get it up here. That Chocolate one sucked something awful. You should just mail it to me for safe and proper disposal. 

I may be drinking that Belgian one soon since I just noticed that the bottle date was in 2011.  Nice of them to age it for me.  The chocolate one was from last year.  Thanks for the offer but I am sure that I will be able to dispose of it properly. 

Not at it at all. 

C-R

Enjoy those beers Finn. I had a Creme Brulee from Southern Tier that was amazing last night. Well worth the effort to find it. The fellow at the store mentioned they just restarted brewing this.

Prince of Fatness

I had a Creme Brulee from Southern Tier that was amazing last night. Well worth the effort to find it. The fellow at the store mentioned they just restarted brewing this.

Just had that one myself.  I really enjoyed it but was glad that I shared the bomber as it was thick and sweet like a stout milkshake.  If you see any other stouts from Southern Tier give them a try.  They do a pretty good job with them.

Not at it at all. 

it's funny how varied peoples tastes are with beer/food etc. I've tried a couple of different southern tier brews including the pumpkin, chocolate and creme brulee and thought they were all gross. I drain poured all of them and couldn't even get through a glass. I have others friends who love them.