3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

This is why I throw a dumbass event and people bring great shit to my backyard.

Pretty sure you're winning in this field of endeavor Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Prince of Fatness

Seriously, freaking flying in and getting a hotel so you can get your 3 BOTTLES of beer?  For frick's sake.  This is why I don't chase beer.

My buddy did it.  Granted, he and his wife have a second house within a half hour of the brewery.  And, his parents are nearby so he got to visit with them (and they also took him to and picked him up from the event).  But he had to cover air fare.

But as Trent says it was more than just to get three bottles of beer.  The tap list for the event was unbelievable.  Not just CCB stuff, either.  And a lot of the stuff was rare barrel aged brews that you will be lucky to ever have an opportunity to taste it again.

If it were me, I would have made it my first priority to get my allotment.  Then I would hit the samples.  Apparently some did not do this.  My buddy did and had no problems.

I read some comments where CCB wanted to be more strict with how the tickets were handled and relented because of some push back.  That appears to have come back to bite them in the ass.  From my perspective the stricter the better.  I think that you will meet a higher percentage of customer expectations that way, and as a customer if you legitimately purchased a ticket why would any set of rules be a problem (assuming that you are aware of them at the time of purchase)?

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

This is the tap list that $50 got you access to.

I cannot imagine people pushing back on ticket compliance at a concert. Why here?

Prince of Fatness

I cannot imagine people pushing back on ticket compliance at a concert. Why here?

Oh, I agree with you.  And as a customer I would prefer to have my expectations clearly set.  I just had a conversation with my buddy and he said that this indeed happened.  As long as the rules do not change from the time that I buy my ticket to the day of the event I do not see a problem.  If I had to guess this is one of the things that CCB will change going forward.

Some other things that my buddy said.

He got there shortly after 11.  Was in line to get in for 2 hours.  The lines were not orderly, meaning not roped off real well, etc.  Also there was not a dedicated exit which complicated things.  Anyway once he got in because it took so long he got right in line to get his allotment.  No problems there.  He then went and sampled for a bit then sometime after 3 he got in line again figuring it would be 4 by the time he got to the bottles.  4 is when they allowed you to buy more beer.  While in line he met several people that were not getting their entire allotment.  He fed them a few units of Troegs (not available down there) in return for any of their extras.  Got 7 more bottles that way.  Now up to 10.  He used all of his remaining money to buy bottles after 4.  8 more.  So he got 18 bottles.  So while he says that there may have been a few people that did not get their allotment because of the lines, generally speaking they waited too long.

As for the Double Barrel stuff for the club members, the issue there is that case sales were offered to anyone at the event and that club members were not offered an opportunity first. To top it off they sold it real early.  They were gone before my buddy got in.  Keep in mind that club members did get some prior to the event, my buddy got 2.  It was the fact that club members did not get first dibs on the extra which pissed people off.

He also mentioned that he got to sample some good stuff.  There was a barrel aged 3F Behemoth that was out of this world.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I understand that the club members were also pissed off because:

• They believed that ONLY club members should ever have gotten that beer (should have been a club exclusive)
            • They fear that with 72 more cases out there, the bottles they Have will lose value
            • The allocation they got through the club were limited to 2 bottles, but on Huna day, the limit was 12 bottles out of the gate

Prince of Fatness

I understand that the club members were also pissed off because:

• They believed that ONLY club members should ever have gotten that beer (should have been a club exclusive)
              • They fear that with 72 more cases out there, the bottles they Have will lose value
              • The allocation they got through the club were limited to 2 bottles, but on Huna day, the limit was 12 bottles out of the gate

Yeah that is pretty much what I said broken down more.  If the club members have first dibs on the extras the above goes away for the most part.

My buddy said that some dirt bags were selling bottles on Craigs List for a substantial mark up.  If I am CCB I would alert the authorities and let them find out if these people have a license to resell alcohol.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

This is the tap list that $50 got you access to.

I'm not the beer groupie so that list doesn't mean a ton to me other than the length, but from the names alone my interest in in Cigar City is piqued.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, I was just coming to post the same thing. No more release party. i wonder if the industry will heading this direction.

There was a thread on Facebook showing one of those craigslist ads, asking me every single person in the group to call the guy so as completely to jam up his phone. Someone actually did post a copy of the law around alcohol sales and also recommended that someone report him. I have Bault dark Lord off of craigslist past, but I feel okay about that since parkour Dave did not get screwed up like this one, and the only people who got in at legitimate tickets. For people to break their way and with fake tickets simply to scalp the beer, that's another story.

Feeling the growl again

Well, there you have it.  Cannot say that I blame him.

http://thefullpint.com/beer-news/exclusive-rip-hunahpus-day-will-go-distribution-next-year/

I certainly wouldn't blame them but for those who like such events, with all the tasting, it sucks when the miscreants ruin it for everybody.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

This is why I throw a dumbass event and people bring great shit to my backyard.

Now we just need to convince Sun King that this would be a great event for one of their beer releases.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

I'm not the beer groupie so that list doesn't mean a ton to me other than the length, but from the names alone my interest in in Cigar City is piqued.

Having gone to a number of paid tasting events I can say that $50 for this event with that tap list is an out and out steal.  That is not even considering the ability to buy the Hunahpu.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Now we just need to convince Sun King that this would be a great event for one of their beer releases.

I'm all in if we find somewhere other than my property to invite a bunch on unknown drunk idiots.  Smile

C-R

I'm all in if we find somewhere other than my property to invite a bunch on unknown drunk idiots.  Smile

What about that nice neighbor of yours that lets his dogs run loose. We can use that when they are away on vacation. Just a thought.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again