3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Feeling the growl again

Just finished an Indy-Memphis-Austin-Houston-Memphis-Indy drive with 3 little kids.  My wife wondered why the trunk kept getting fuller...until she noticed the bottom layer was all local beer stashed for the return trip.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Just finished an Indy-Memphis-Austin-Houston-Memphis-Indy drive with 3 little kids.  My wife wondered why the trunk kept getting fuller...until she noticed the bottom layer was all local beer stashed for the return trip.

Priorities. Awesome.

Hope you had a great vacation.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Austin? Did you go to Jester King?

Memphis? Eh. Should have come to Nashville.

Feeling the growl again

Austin? Did you go to Jester King?

Memphis? Eh. Should have come to Nashville.

I did not actually go to any breweries.  Covering such a trip in 8 days meant the only day trip I made was to a gun range.  Did not see anything in stores from Jester King.  Apparently they have weird laws there and selling beer is quite a new thing in the stores, they have not figured out stocking craft beers yet.

Memphis traffic is much less a PIA than Nashville.  Though I would take Nashville over the Dallas-to-Austin stretch in a heartbeat.

But I have a few beers for you that need to find a way south soon.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Jester King brewery outside Austin can sell their beers and others as well. Well worth it. And Memphis traffic sux.

Span, I need to get you that dunking gift card

C-R

Nashville delivery is set for April 22-23.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Span, I need to get you that dunking gift card

I can use it to get you more beer.

Feeling the growl again

Nashville delivery is set for April 22-23.

I will have to get you the beer I have for Trent next week.  If he were a normal person I'd have more for him as I wouldn't have to run a search to know if he'd drink it.  Big grin

I'm off to Scotland to toss cabers and eat haggis tomorrow.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Span, I need to get you that gift card ASAP. Can I mail it to you?

I will have to get you the beer I have for Trent next week.  If he were a normal person I'd have more for him as I wouldn't have to run a search to know if he'd drink it.  Big grin

I'm off to Scotland to toss cabers and eat haggis tomorrow.

Feeling the growl again

PMing my addy...

And I will try to get the beer I have over to you via C-R.

Span, I need to get you that gift card ASAP. Can I mail it to you?

Prince of Fatness

If he were a normal person

Huge "if".

Not at it at all. 

Our local grocery store just started this pick your own six deal. I am very happy about this:

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                          We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Good selection. Lagunitas is good. I like their IPA and their Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

kcam

Shiner Bock.  They carried this in our local Safeway for a while and I was a very happy camper.  Brings me back to my days at UT-Austin as an undergrad.  Shiner Bock was sacred to us.  That and Barton Springs pool.  Check out the homepage of Shiner Brewing Company.  Spring-fed pool, always at 68 Deg.  If you're ever in Austin you gotta dip in the sacred waters ... I miss it!