3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

DoppleBock

I think for me I like the warm fuzzy feeling 1st and the taste 2nd 

I can't answer for you but my excuse is that it tastes real good.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Prince of Fatness

I took today off from work to get some yard work done after spending the weekend at the beach.  Well, a couple of inches of rain put the kibosh on the yard work, so I figured that I would brew this up since I couldn't do much else.  I must say, a bunch of Citra hops in boiling wort makes the whole house smell wonderful.  Yeast is pitched, everything is cleaned up.

I bottled this this evening so I had a weekday beer, albiet flat.  Nice yummy pale ale this is gonna be.  Citra hops are scrumptious.

This is definitely my go to American Pale recipe, I'll just change up the hops each time.  I already have one in mind for next time.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Hey can any of you Indy folks get me this?

http://beerpulse.com/2012/10/oskar-blues-sun-kings-the-deuce-hopped-up-brown-ale-coming-to-alumi-tek-cans/

Supposedly it is available in the Indianapolis area this weekend during GABF.  If any of you can find it, and send me some, I will make it worth your while.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Hey can any of you Indy folks get me this?

http://beerpulse.com/2012/10/oskar-blues-sun-kings-the-deuce-hopped-up-brown-ale-coming-to-alumi-tek-cans/

Supposedly it is available in the Indianapolis area this weekend during GABF.  If any of you can find it, and send me some, I will make it worth your while.

Damn, that sounds good.  You know I am a sucker for brown ales.

How about I start by stopping by Sun King itself tomorrow and go from there....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Damn, that sounds good.  You know I am a sucker for brown ales.

How about I start by stopping by Sun King itself tomorrow and go from there....

My address will be provided upon request.  If you send me some I am sure that I can drum up something to put in the box to send back to you.

Something to keep in mind.  Sometimes places will not put stuff like this on their shelves, nor will they even mention that they have it.  But if you ask they will get some from the back.  May be a per customer limit as well.  I have seen this happen occasionally with limited release stuff such as this.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Me too me too!

For reals, yo.

And I'd love a SunKing Octoberfest too. 

Please, and all that.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

No. Really. I mean it. Me too.

Smile

Prince of Fatness

No. Really. I mean it. Me too.

Smile

I asked first.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

So if I find it is one 4-pack enough?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

So if I find it is one 4-pack enough?

I'd like two cans but beggars can't be choosers so one will do if that is all you can spare.  I have 5 or 6 beers in mind to send back to you so if you feel the need to add a few more beers in any stout or porter from Sun King, Three Floyds, Upland, or Flat 12 would work since I can't get them here.  In other words send me a box large enough to fit a sixer in so I can send it back to you filled.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'd like 1 can. I'd really like 2 cans.

Plus the SunKing Octoberfest. Again, 1 or 2 cans.

Prince of Fatness

Plus the SunKing Octoberfest. Again, 1 or 2 cans.

This would work for me as well.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

This would work for me as well.

Perfect.  I'll see if I can find a couple 4-packs of each, you guys can split one and I will keep the other.

Feeling the growl again

I checked my beer store...where I got the Oktoberfest...nothing but standard Sun King fare.  No time today, but tomorrow I can stop by the brewery.

Prince of Fatness

I checked my beer store...where I got the Oktoberfest...nothing but standard Sun King fare.  No time today, but tomorrow I can stop by the brewery.

The more I think of it the surer I am that this is one that will not go on shelves and you will need to ask if they have it.  From the sound of it quantities are quite limited.  I would think that if nothing else if the brewery doesn't have it they would know where you could get it.

Not at it at all.