3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Racing Flats (Read 1105 times)

Feeling the growl again

Spaniel, you're welcome to try on any of my shoes if you like. I'm pretty sure there's no stank stuck to any of them yet. Big grin They're all size 10 except for the LunaRacer, which is a 10.5.

Heck, may have to pop over sometime for a beer and a few strides then.  I wear a 10.5 but I could learn enough from 10s to tell me what I need to know.

I'm sold on trying a pair of Mizuno Universe for short stuff...will buy a pair soon.  I'm waffling between the Ronins and Hyperspeeds for the marathon.  If both seem to fit and the Hyperspeeds are a bit softer....they weigh about the same....I'd lean Hyperspeed.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I picked up a pair of adidas Rockets on Black Friday.  Pretty light (compared to my leaden trainers, anyway) and they FEEL fast when I change into them.  I don't love them enough to rave and drool, but they're nice.  They'd certainly be up to the task of a 10k.

+1 to spaniel's comment about it being difficult to find them in person to try on.  I was at a good running store that had several different models, and I was surprised how different the fit was among them.  The Nike model felt horrible, the Green Silence was meh, the Asics (Piranha?) was meh, and the Rockets felt great.  But that's for my foot: size 12, relatively narrow heel, flat as hell.  YMMV.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I ordered the Ronin4 and Piranha4.   Maybe one will fit well.  But since my new hobby is driving to the UPS store I have my doubts.

I'm thinking that I would also like to try the Asics Gel Fuji.

steph  

Ostrich runner

The Ronin 3's or the4's?   

Mine are 2's.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I ordered the Ronin4 and Piranha4.   Maybe one will fit well.  But since my new hobby is driving to the UPS store I have my doubts.

I'm thinking that I would also like to try the Asics Gel Fuji.

Driving back to that UPS store once again.  Piranha4 - I pretty much disliked every thing about them.

Ronin4 - very much too narrow.  But also too long.  If you're old enough think Keds.

But I am having good luck with some New Balance 730's that I bought on Sunday.  

I read on line some where that they are built on the minimus trail 10 last.  

Still the same heal drop but they have a much better cushioned sole.  Gravel not a problem.

And I got them at Sports Academy for $54.00 w/coupon.  Yea!

Still need something for marathon type distance though.  So, back to Running Warehouse and UPS store...

steph  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Driving back to that UPS store once again.  Piranha4 - I pretty much disliked every thing about them.

Ronin4 - very much too narrow.  But also too long.  If you're old enough think Keds.

But I am having good luck with some New Balance 730's that I bought on Sunday.  

I read on line some where that they are built on the minimus trail 10 last.  

Still the same heal drop but they have a much better cushioned sole.  Gravel not a problem.

And I got them at Sports Academy for $54.00 w/coupon.  Yea!

Still need something for marathon type distance though.  So, back to Running Warehouse and UPS store...

Bummer.

How did the Piranha compare to the Hyperspeed?

Have you tried the Brooks Green Silence?

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

ra-  no, I haven't tried the Brooks Green Silence.  Yet.

I like the feel of the Hyperspeed's upper much better.   The Piranha's upper feels very cheap and not as comfortable.   When I 

laced them tight enough the fabric got very wrinkly across the top of my foot.  I understand that the idea was to make them lighter

but for me it doesn't work for me.

On the other hand, I must say that the Piranha does have a much harder out sole.   I think that the out soles should last much longer than

the sole of the Hyperspeeds.   

steph  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I decided to give the Hyperspeeds another try. The first time I ran in them I thought they were just kinda ehh. I didn't really care for the way they fit, but thought I should give them a second try. After a second run I still think they're just kinda ehh. I like the Ronins much better.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

I forgot about a pair of A4s I bought on sale and used only a couple of times. Ran with them on the TM and remembered how much I like them. Very different from the A3s. Yeah, I know I'm a couple of generations back but so what else is new. Carry on.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Yeah, I know I'm a couple of generations back but so what else is new. Carry on.

Dude.  Get off my lawn.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

Now that's a nice weapon. Perfect for hunting treadmills.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Keeping the NB 730's for shorter distances.  Ordering some Pearl Isumi Streak 2's to try for longer.

We'll see...

steph  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I went out this weekend and bought myself some flats as a birthday present. One of the local running stores had the Adidas Hagio in stock. Tried them on and they felt really good, so I bought 'em. Came home and did a 3 mile tempo run in them and so far I'm liking them. I may have to work up to using them in a 10K though. Now I just need to find a 5K to run. Big grin

Feeling the growl again

I went out this weekend and bought myself some flats as a birthday present. One of the local running stores had the Adidas Hagio in stock. Tried them on and they felt really good, so I bought 'em. Came home and did a 3 mile tempo run in them and so far I'm liking them. I may have to work up to using them in a 10K though. Now I just need to find a 5K to run. Big grin

Well if you told me it was your birthday, you might have gotten some beer in addition to those shoes.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Well if you told me it was your birthday, you might have gotten some beer in addition to those shoes.

It's not too late. I accept belated birthday beer.