3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Greg's Monthly mileage Challenge (Read 102 times)

August - 76.1

Another disasterous month.  I'm at the point where I know I can at least rebuild mileage.  Of course, it won't take too much to top what July and August was.

Feeling the growl again

August - 76.1

Another disasterous month.  I'm at the point where I know I can at least rebuild mileage.  Of course, it won't take too much to top what July and August was.

Shhh....don't say that....your log could end up like mine.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ostrich runner

Shhh....don't say that....your log could end up like mine.

I know some guys who run pretty good ultras on the mileage that you're doing. They're also in the gym several times a week though. You might consider taking the winter almost completely off running, and just lift hard for 4 months. Come back, see where you are.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

I can already forecast that September is going to continue the trend of going the wrong way in my own challenge. I've currently shut down all running (hopefully temporarily, but we'll see) so that maybe the couple little nagging injuries I have might heal, since they were either getting worse or just staying the same trying to halfass run and baby them at the same time. I should be racking up big mileage and plenty of long runs getting ready for my first stab at 100 miles next month, but ummm yeah, no. Not so much. I won a 12 hour race in July, and right now I can't even run an hour without it hurting like a bastard. So yeah, September's undoubtedly going to be a big decrease. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to do (or at the very least take a good shot at finishing) the 100 anyway, because I'm a dumbass like that. It just won't be pretty.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Fail on the challenge again, Could get in only 165 this month, when the goal was 185, so new goal for October  - 205, less than a mile extra each day so doable right?.  I blame a gimpy hip for not running enough in September, feeling better now after a few rest days.

If I run 200+ will be the highest monthly mileage for me.  So we'll see.

Feeling the growl again

210 in September for me.  So second month-on-month increase after I fell of the wagon.  But this is the first REAL mileage increase since I got injured... ~90 miles or so more than the prior month.  Let's see if we can do that again and then I will be somewhere...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Failed this month at 241.  I'm feeling decent about it anyway, though, because I'm getting back to the school groove, doing my workouts, and hitting the weights 3X a week.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                Emil Zatopek

86.3 in September. Almost half of August's total. My Hamstring sucks and so does running right now.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

240.3 for me in September.    Won't be this high this month between "tapering" for my race and then my elbow surgery on the 25th

MTA: 175.6 miles was my August 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

My streak is broken - only 183.7 for September.  This was expected however as I raced 4 constitutive weekends and took extra recovery and taper time.

kcam

August was 317 and September was 276.  Lost it a little at the end of September.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

September --  283.2

steph  

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

October:  252.8

I suspect that November will be much lower.

steph  

C-R

171.6 but its better than last month.

Now on to build for Nov.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/