3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Greg's Monthly mileage Challenge (Read 102 times)

Nice to see he included me and my rowing. I actually feel like i'm kicking ass at something

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

On On

Complete fail.  I think I still have a few miles on my garmin that aren't in my monthly total but I am probably 30+ miles short of Feb.

April start tomorrow and I plan to hit the trails in the morning.

Made it this month. Phew.

Hoping the nagging foot pain lets me knock out April.

still going - 184.5

Spring Break did me in.  Thought I was going to be higher than February but I ended up March with 349.7.

The last two weeks didn't quite live up to my running expectations.  North Georgia was great and we had a good time.  I tried running when I could but this flatlander was hurting after the hills.  Boston should be a breeze after running in the mountains.  The route below was my "long" run on the first full day there.  How do you like them there hills?  The rest of the running wasn't much different.  My legs felt trashed by the time we got home last night.

Blue Ridge Long Route

kcam

You will be golden for Boston.  Nice work and good luck.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Not this month.  Maybe next.

mta:  215.8 miles March.

steph  

Feeling the growl again

51 miles in March.  Yeah, I think I'm good with this challenge for a month or two.  Big grin

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

94.4 mile March, but I'm feeling okay with it after seeing Spaniel's total.

I actually got the flu or something at the end of Feb. and am now just starting to feel like I have a smidgen of fitness. I'm coming off a 10 hour workout week so thats a positive, but fitness wise I'm nowhere near what I was before the illness.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

232 for March.  April will be less due to travelling for work. 

Sorry it's been a hard month Spaniel et al.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

I think we agreed on a one month mulligan for every one.  I'd need it for May as a 3 week travel to India and don't make me run there in May (it's brutally hot no matter the time of the day).

So those who had a bad month can either take that as their baseline and aim for higher mileage or preferably, pick up from the prior month and carry on as if the bad month did not happen.

276.3 for me, hopefully getting things more back to where they should be. Onward.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

213 for me...moving in the right direction.

Seanv2

119 for me, not great, but better than its been in a very long time.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

lsp

Lump Off

I was superbunny but now I'm quiddity - identity crisis or something.

Went on the vacation the last week of March so I'll have to take my mulligan for the month.  I suck.  Now, time to put some miles in and see if it magically transforms me from slow to not-so-slow.