3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Greg's Monthly mileage Challenge (Read 102 times)

My bad, wasn't sure how your miles were getting counted. Was just looking at the running numbers.  Great to see you running more.

Ya I wasn't able to run until March so they put my rowing mileage in and then combined it with my running once I was able to start running.

Thanks!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Way to find the silver lining to being injured.  Alright kmark and rocken, lets keep it going.

+1

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Feeling the growl again

118 miles for May.  I really hope I top that in a couple weeks starting June.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

202.5 for June.  Hitting a rough patch lately but hey, at least I was over 200 again.

#artbydmcbride

165.6 miles for June  Cool

Runners run

I am kind of ashamed of my running last month. Where did my endurance go, a 3 week break seems to have set me back years. A 4 miler is kicking my butt right now.  Yesterday's run was supposed to be 8-10 miles, bagged it after 6.

Total for the month 77 miles after 45 in May, likely my lowest two month total since I started running.  Need to fix my treadmill (it's in pieces after our recent move) and get in some doubles to get some miles in.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

191 for June.

steph  

kcam

June - 243.  Had a two week vacation early in the month and the pace bunny has surged ahead of me again.  I have to keep reminding myself to not 'try to get it all back at once'.

230 for June.

230 for June.

Nice last several months pfetro.  Good to see things are still rolling forward.

C-R

230 for June.

Nice.

Me I failed to even hit 100 this June. I did enjoy some time off to recharge though.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

230 for June.

Between an illness and moving there was no way the miles were going to get run this month. Looks like it down to you and Rocken for the ultimate title.

Nice last several months pfetro.  Good to see things are still rolling forward.

Thanks mbehr, cr, and kmark -  its nice to be able to train again and not be in constant pain/discomfort.  I'm planning to keep the challenge alive for at least another couple months. It's helped me stay consistent and not increase my mileage too fast.

Last month went to shit in the final week or so due to ongoing issues with my right leg (a recurrence of some of my previous sciatic scheisse fun with added knee and calf pain).  Then, when things were easing slightly, I screwed my back/sacrum up by trying to pull up a dead rosemary bush by bending down, twisting and yanking.  So now I've run a grand total of 4.5 miles since last Saturday and things are still not right with my SIJ or with my leg (not helped by the SIJ pissing the leg off quite a bit).  Also, I've seen three different people this week at work (I work in a research centre full of orthopods, sports physios, sports physicians as well as scientists and rheumatologists) and all have said they think my leg length discrepency (approx 1 inch) is skeletal/anatomical rather than functional and is due to a shorter right femur - and that backs up the suspicions of the osteopath I was seeing (I do have a rotation of the pelvis which isn't helping though).  The leg length issue may be responsible for a lot of the right leg issues I'm having (and my previous and sometimes still present issues with the left leg).  

Obviously I'm going to try running tomorrow as my SIJ feels a bit better, and we'll see how things go.  It's been suggested I get a wedge in my right shoe if x-ray confirms the difference in leg length, but I'm not sure how I feel about that.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

#artbydmcbride

{{{Hoppity}}}

Runners run