3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

300 (Read 944 times)

C-R

Today's 10 miler was a SOB. Thank God I didn't have to do 11.

This made me smile.

Oh and nice job on 300 in some crap weather no less.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

DAMN some nice  work done people!! I have a feeling 2013 is going to ROCK!!!  I may not be able to run for awhile but I'm hoping to join in on some of these challenges with other forms of workouts if that's ok. I hate seeing all of you KICK ASS while I sit on the couch!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Done.

Week: 44.4

Month: 200.9

Year: 1,537.6

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Nice running everyone. I'm feeling pretty good about 2013.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Done for the year.  Didn't get to 300 for the month.

week - 47.6

month - 205.2

year - 3012.1

steph  

#artbydmcbride

2250 for the year.  Thanks C-R!  Smile      Good job, too!

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

I cleared 300 today.  It turns out that cheap gym treadmill beat me up pretty badly yesterday.  I need 8 more miles to get 3000 for the year and I am not sure I am going to bother, with how I'm feeling it would certainly be in stunt territory vs training.  We will see, I have not ruled it out but I'm not sure everything I need to get done today will get done.  Ah well, that just means I should have gotten my lazy ass out of bed on ONE of the ~350 mornings this year that I did not.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Whether you make it or not is a moot point. You still hit 300.  I'm putting all temptation of trying to get another run in by starting the end of year celebration early. The Liberty Bowl is now on....maybe only Iowans care, but it at least gives me a good reason to have a beer early.

Good running all and way to finish out the year. I'm looking forward to many miles in 2013!

I cleared 300 today.  It turns out that cheap gym treadmill beat me up pretty badly yesterday.  I need 8 more miles to get 3000 for the year and I am not sure I am going to bother, with how I'm feeling it would certainly be in stunt territory vs training.  We will see, I have not ruled it out but I'm not sure everything I need to get done today will get done.  Ah well, that just means I should have gotten my lazy ass out of bed on ONE of the ~350 mornings this year that I did not.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

December: 332.2 mi  

Hey Pam, participating in whatever way you can sounds like a great idea - until you get back to your crazy ultra running self.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

C-R

Nice people. Spaniel - bag it man. DO NOT GET INJURED. There is a 50 to run.

Finished it up with a lazy 5k.

I'll post the results tomorrow.

Safe celebrations to all.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

xhristopher

OK, just 250 to go. Just 8 miles each and every day for the rest of the year. It might be close. Perhaps I should run a lot this weekend.

Got my 250 and 2K with 4 hours to go. Yes, I ran every day and a lot that weekend.

Final week (plus Monday): 53.9

December: 250.1

Good running all and thanks for standing ready to hold me accountable if I got lazy.

10K tomorrow.

Feeling the growl again

Nice people. Spaniel - bag it man. DO NOT GET INJURED. There is a 50 to run.

Finished it up with a lazy 5k.

I'll post the results tomorrow.

Safe celebrations to all.

Yup, I bagged it and came up ~8 short of 3K.  Just got home, will post final results when I have time.  I still need to run today.  Smile

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I finished up with 301 for the month and 3714 for the year.  Great running all, and looking forward to the new year.

Slo

In the last two days I've only run two 3 mile easy runs...It was nice not having that damn 300 hanging over my head.

Oh, and I watched 300 on cable yesterday.

C-R

Oh, and I watched 300 on cable yesterday.

I watched that too. Those Spartans could hang in the Hurtlocker. Assuming they bathed more frequently.

Final results posted. That was a good month to kick into 2013 with some momentum.