3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

300 (Read 944 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Exactly. Based on experience there is only so much pacing the carpet I can handle when I can't do a damn thing to help on the medical side.

If you want some company pacing, running, or drinking (whatever helps Wink) just let me know.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

Thanks WD. We will be at St Francis in Greenwood so a bit out of the way for you guys. Perhaps a celebration beer and run son.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

C-R, I'm late on this thread, but I've still got some Maui hang loose vibes to send to your way.  I fully expect your wife to recover hurt locker style- kicking ass and taking names!

Feeling the growl again

I fully expect your wife to recover hurt locker style- kicking ass and taking names!

I've met C-R's wife of course and she could hold her own in here.  

We'll be thinking of your family this week C-R...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

I've met C-R's wife of course and she could hold her own in here.  

We'll be thinking of your family this week C-R...

Tough as they come and I was reminded of the term "quiet strength" yet again.

Quick update for the Hurtlocker. All things went well. Day 2 of recovery. She had me sign her up for a 5k in Feb while we are in Disney where I am running the Princess HM. DAMN!

and yes, when she says jump - I usually ask at what height

and for your listening pleasure - my anthem 

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

#artbydmcbride

Thanks for the update!  Smile

Runners run

Ostrich runner

Bitchin.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Outstanding!

steph  

Slo

Cool Jump Suit

So sorry to hear this Norm.  I don't get on here often enough to keep up with everybody and everything.  Cancer does fucking suck.  Big time.  I will be thinking of you guys.  Hopefully we'll catch up sometime soon.  Take care!

I get that. After failing at Boston this year, running a good race there is even more special.

Ok - not to be Johnny Raincloud but I need to share something with the crowd here. Not sure why but I  have several friends here IRL and even you interweb people I haven't had a chance to meet are up there. Plus people in here have the proper attitude.

My wife was re-diagnosed with cancer a little over a week ago. It's different than the first time. It was detected very early. It appears surgery should do the trick. Currently no chemo is required (that could change after next week's surgery and pathology report). Surgery recovery and reconstruction will be an impact. BTW - cancer fucking sucks.

Last time this shit happened, running was my salvation (mentally at least). That's when I really used running to get some peace and started adding miles. Thoughts and prayers are welcome, but personally I hope you people make sure I stick to my plan and not get lazy. My wife has the hard part so think of her. I just need to keep my shit wired tight as we used to say in the military. Ok, that's all I have. Get back to work.

So bittersweet,
                      This tragedy
                      Won't ask for absolution;
                      This melody,
                      Inside of me,
                      Still searches for solution.
                      A twist of faith,
                      A change of heart
                      Cures my infatuation.
                      A broken heart, 
                      Provides the spark
                      For my determination.

Slo

Week 1   61.2 miles

MTD   82.6 Miles

Roughly 4.5 miles behind the 300 mile pace bunny.

I'm on track for 2400, but probably not for 240 this month.  I guess that makes me somewhere between a success and a failure...ah, yes, a nothing.  I'm absolutely tired out at the moment, so any silly business is highly unlikely.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

First week (8 days)  --  60.9

I'm not seeing the 300 going well for me this time around but we'll see.

steph  

Feeling the growl again

I got off to a bad start but after 9 days I am punching the 400 mile pace bunny in the face.  A 100 mile week would hav been nice but not quite.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Taper week, done.

Next week, another taper week.

At the end of race day, if all goes well, I will be at 150 miles/Dec on Dec 15. Not bad.