3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

February 2013 Racing Thread (Read 278 times)

bhearn

2/9. Krispy Kreme Challenge  Raleigh, NC  5 mi + 12 donuts  Goal:  sub 40 min

I've got to do this someday. But I can't see making a 2,500-mile trip to run a 5-mile race, no matter how cool it is.

MTA I'm curious; what is the breakdown in your goal of running / eating?

2/2      Rocky Raccoon 100    Huntsville, TX    Goal:  < 20:00

2/10    Big Chili 5k    Danbury, CT    Goal: <17:30

On the road to this years' goal (<17), guess I should knock out last years' goal first...

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

#artbydmcbride

2/3 Ileneforward  Surf City Marathon   goal 4:22:22

2/17 LA Sheriff's 10k, Walnut CA   goal 57:00  (very steep hills)

2/24 Brea 8k     goal   44:00

Runners run

Slo

Feb 2nd  B-rry Scurry 4 mile road, Clinton Ia

Feb 23rd  CIRREM 100km Gravel Grinder, Cummings Ia (Bike)

2/3    Davis Stampede 10K    Davis, CA     <37:47

Ha..I'll be there too..

2/3 Davis Stampede Half Marathon <1:18:30

And we run because we like it
            Through the broad bright land

C-R

2/9. Krispy Kreme Challenge  Raleigh, NC  5 mi + 12 donuts  Goal:  sub 40 min

2.5 miles out, 12 donuts completely downed, 2.5 miles back.

Other goals:

1.  Top 5 women (there are 8000 participants!).

2.  Don't puke.

There will be no race specific training.

I just saw this and threw up a little in my mouth. Good luck WG. I swear I got a sugar high just reading about it.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

2/9    Delirium 24 Hour     Bluffton, SC      Haven't a clue.     Practicing.     How bout 15 hours or 62 miles.

MTA:   2/24     Augusta Half Marathon    Augusta, Ga     Beat my course PR  <1:48:32

steph  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

2/3    Groundhog 7    7 miles    Zionsville, IN    58:00

I'll probably just run this around goal HM pace in place of my long run for the week.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Kalsarikännit

MTA I'm curious; what is the breakdown in your goal of running / eating?

6:30's out, 5 minutes of donut time and 7:30's back. This is very optimistic. It is a downhill run from NC State's bell tower to the store, so uphill on the way back. Fun.  I'm kind of wondering how scarfing down the donuts will be if I am gasping for air.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Feeling the growl again

6:30's out, 5 minutes of donut time and 7:30's back. This is very optimistic. It is a downhill run from NC State's bell tower to the store, so uphill on the way back. Fun.  I'm kind of wondering how scarfing down the donuts will be if I am gasping for air.

Just so we're clear, 5min to eat a dozen donuts?  If so that would be pretty impressive.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

bhearn

I was thinking, 5 whole minutes just to eat a dozen donuts? But then I've never tried it. Let alone immediately after racing 2.5 miles.

Prince of Fatness

That would indeed be impressive.  After witnessing your beer mile performance I should not doubt you.  I could see downing 3 or 4 or those donuts in short order, but then things may start to get interesting.  Then you get to run 7:30's with a lead sinker in your stomach.  Good luck with that.  Are they the glazed donuts?

Not at it at all. 

Kalsarikännit

They are the regular glazed donuts. I have heard of people taking water and rinsing some glaze off of them, but that just strikes me as cheating.  The plan with the donuts is to take four at a time, stack them, and smush them into a dense mass, then consume. I have also been warned about drinking too much water with the donuts in the stomach. They will just expand.

Kalsarikännit

I was thinking, 5 whole minutes just to eat a dozen donuts? But then I've never tried it. Let alone immediately after racing 2.5 miles.

I read that average time is 8-9 minutes.  I thought it would have been faster too, but I am starting to think that the donut eating may not be as easy as it sounds.

Feeling the growl again

I read that average time is 8-9 minutes.  I thought it would have been faster too, but I am starting to think that the donut eating may not be as easy as it sounds.

Practice your technique.

Seriously, I'm very interested in how this goes.  Someday when I am a complete fatass with no hope I will pay to travel for this race.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills