3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

February 2013 Racing Thread (Read 278 times)

Glad to see you back in the saddle.  On what date is this?

Glad to be back. Feb 17th

Well then,  apparently the legs are starting to come back around.

2/2 Race to the Plate 5k - 17:27 - 1 OA

Feeling the growl again

Damn.  Somebody is either in much better shape than they thought, or sandbagged the goal to win the beer.  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

2/2 - John Dick Crusty 50K - 4:15.

This is really a swag as they will decide the trail the course is run on a couple days before the race.  Really I just hope to execute well on the pacing when racing on tired legs.

Damn that hurt.  Finished the last five hurtlocker style.  2nd OA, but 4:21.  The winner ran a 4:01 and previously was a 31 min 10ker.  Umm, no way I can compete with guys like that.  Who the hell can run that fast Wink?   It was a good race, was in 3rd until the 5th out and back when the second place guy stopped to grab some gear.  I ran like hell and by the turn around was half a mile ahead.  That wasn't good enough and I punished myself all the way home.  It felt good.

Feeling the growl again

Damn that hurt.  Finished the last five hurtlocker style.  2nd OA, but 4:21.  The winner ran a 4:01 and previously was a 31 min 10ker.  Umm, no way I can compete with guys like that.  Who the hell can run that fast Wink?   It was a good race, was in 3rd until the 5th out and back when the second place guy stopped to grab some gear.  I ran like hell and by the turn around was half a mile ahead.  That wasn't good enough and I punished myself all the way home.  It felt good.

Way to kick some ass....I see nothing to regret in that.  Very nice run.

BTW, former 31min 10K guys are just that....FORMER 31min 10K guys, don't be intimidated.  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

J-L-C

Congrats!

And nice job, too, Flatfooter! Sounds epic.

So, that Mid-Winter Classic 10 miler race that MilkTruck was gonna do... It's one of my favorite races, and this year it filled up super quick and I missed out. I was bummed. MT was nice enough, when he decided his hamstrings were a no-go, to transfer his (highly sought after) bib to me. So now I get to run, and this just confirms the fact that MT is indeed a very cool guy.

It's a roly-poly hilly course, and last year I ran 1:10:17, probably in a bit better shape than I'm in now. I'll aim to beat that. (MTA: I'll aim for sub 1:10, actually.)

And MT, next time we meet, beers on me!

Squeaked it out. 1:09:41. Been laid out with the flu most of the week, so pretty much did this without being able to breathe, which was, ummm, fun. All things considered I'm pretty happy with it, and very glad it's over. Now it's nap time, followed by beer and football time.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

an amazing likeness

Squeaked it out. 1:09:41.

Great time, especially with the headwind for the last 3+/- miles. From what it felt like to me today (I did a traffic flagger gig), you guys were pushing against a 10+ mph wind all the way from the B2B start line in to the finish.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Feeling the growl again

I'm in for the Zionsville Groundhog 7-miler with the other locals.  Won last year in 39:02.  We'll go 38:40 for the goal this year -- I should be a little faster than last if I remember my flats this time.  Big grin

Heh.

I've never run a race where the footing was so slick...an inch or so of the slimiest snow.  I led until we went off the pavement and onto the snowy trail, then I couldn't move faster than 6:20 pace without just sliding everywhere and dropped to 4th, where I stayed.  I blasted the few 1/2-3/4 mile clear sections sub-5:20 pace but it was not nearly enough to make up for the rest, probably 1.5 miles of clear footing on the whole course.

41:59.

I would have been a few minutes faster if I'd forgotten my flats and run in trainers again.  Big grin

C-R

Good stuff am and Greg!

Groundhog 7 today - 49:20.

Light snow cover on the first 4 miles and slipping everywhere. Was chugging 7:15s in the snow and once I hit pavement went to 6:45s and less. I guess i should be happy running negative splits but meh. It was a good workout and at least I see some light at the end of my tunnel.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

2/3    Groundhog 7    7 miles    Zionsville, IN    58:00

I'll probably just run this around goal HM pace in place of my long run for the week.

Fun race, even if it was freaking freezing and there was snow on most of the course. C-R showed up on the correct day and Spaniel remembered his flats, although he may have been better off in trainers with the snow. Hacker2000 was there as well sporting shorts. I thought he was nuts until I saw the guy running shirtless.

57:29 for me. I was a little slow on the snow covered parts, but hit my pace easily on the couple of clear sections. I feel like I'm making good progress for my spring HM.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Great time, especially with the headwind for the last 3+/- miles. From what it felt like to me today (I did a traffic flagger gig), you guys were pushing against a 10+ mph wind all the way from the B2B start line in to the finish.

Thanks, yeah that wind was no fun. I wondered if you might be there doing something like that, kept an eye out but didn't spot you. Sorry I missed you, though if you were at mile 7ish I dunno if I'd have thanked you or cursed you heh.

Oh and nice work Spaniel, C-R and Whodat. Hard to really race in those conditions, nicely done.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

57:29 for me. I was a little slow on the snow covered parts, but hit my pace easily on the couple of clear sections. I feel like I'm making good progress for my spring HM.

Nice!  This looks like a pretty big PR too in crappy conditions no less.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Congratulations, flatfooter and Greg!

Good going spaniel, CR and WhoDat in your icy conditions!

steph  

#artbydmcbride

2/3 Ileneforward  Surf City Marathon   goal 4:22:22

Well, fighting the remnants of flu, sciatica flareup, a bum knee and a tight hamstring, I am kind of pleased that I finished 4:24:27   Cool

Runners run