3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

The Pocatello Kid.

It took me reading this about 3 times to understand what you meant, but yeah I concur.

I've been there. at least you did it for a good selection. If you told me it was like Cabernet or something I would have been dissapointed.

How much did you drink in your 2:28 training cycle back in 06? curious because I've done it all. Gave up alcohol completely for 4 months, and just trained my ass off hungover on Sundays. Curious if 2:28 guys are the first version of sully or the second.

The stupid thing I did Saturday (and Friday) was torpedo any chance I had at running well over the weekend.  Sigh.

Feeling the growl again

It took me reading this about 3 times to understand what you meant, but yeah I concur.

I've been there. at least you did it for a good selection. If you told me it was like Cabernet or something I would have been dissapointed.

How much did you drink in your 2:28 training cycle back in 06? curious because I've done it all. Gave up alcohol completely for 4 months, and just trained my ass off hungover on Sundays. Curious if 2:28 guys are the first version of sully or the second.

I drank one night a week, typically Wednesdays because that's when we made wine.  I admit I have a limited amount of energy/ambition.  By the time the job takes its portion, the property its cut, then 3 young kids, there's not much left to compel myself to keep the diet (and lack of booze) that I should.  Don't get me started on lack of sleep, when I ran mileage like you are running I slept 9-10 hrs/night, every night.  I'm lucky to get 6-7 now.

You've been doing an impressive job of getting it done.  You're almost there now!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Had my first interval set in a really long time where the average interval pace was 4Tight lippedx.  It's nice seeing that 4Tight lippedx again.  Warmup was done and the first interval started shortly after 5:30 am.  It was early and it was still dark.  Got the 16 x 400's in though.

The Pocatello Kid.

Wow that is a really impressive workout. This summer I went to the track and did 20 by 400 at about 77-79 and after i finished i thought why would anyone do more than 10 of these things? AND that I was doing them really fast. Just proved me wrong on that one. 73-75 is very legit for 16.

Had my first interval set in a really long time where the average interval pace was 4Tight lippedx.  It's nice seeing that 4Tight lippedx again.  Warmup was done and the first interval started shortly after 5:30 am.  It was early and it was still dark.  Got the 16 x 400's in though.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I had a good workout weekend, at the other end of the spectrum from the speed & stamina stuff you guys have been describing. Just a lot of long mostly slow running. Capped off with a 16mi race -- and a bad time, but that's okay, cause a lot of soreness & fatigue from running a lot this weekend.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Feeling the growl again

8 miles @ 5:44 average pace on the treadmill.  Given that I couldn't finish my long run yesterday....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

The Pocatello Kid.

that's a solid run. Give yourself some credit on your long run, it was the day after a hard 5 mile effort....

8 miles @ 5:44 average pace on the treadmill.  Given that I couldn't finish my long run yesterday....

After a bunch of sub-par workouts.. it was nice to finish this one, even if it was a little on the "easy" side.

30 sec on (10k-5k) / 90 off (sub MP).. four miles total.

ugh.. oh yeah.. and finished with 4 hill sprints. Almost died.

And we run because we like it
                  Through the broad bright land

Feeling the growl again

After a bunch of sub-par workouts.. it was nice to finish this one, even if it was a little on the "easy" side.

30 sec on (10k-5k) / 90 off (sub MP).. four miles total.

ugh.. oh yeah.. and finished with 4 hill sprints. Almost died.

So this is where the "off" is still at a really decent effort?  Nice, those put hair on your chest.

4Xmile on the treadmill today, 11.7-11.8-11.9-12.0mph.  Almost caved and didn't speed up the last two, then thought what the hell, the worst that happens is I get spit off the back end.

It's nice to think there is a chance the machine is remotely accurate..

It's scary for the rest of us to think there is a chance the machine is remotely accurate..

FTFY

Feeling the growl again

FTFY

Be scared if I ever get back to running this workout in 4:55 - 4:53 again.  Big grin

The Pocatello Kid.

13 total with 2 by 4 miles at 6:00 pace. last workout that will be even remotely hard until the race. Felt really good.

Feeling the growl again

13 total with 2 by 4 miles at 6:00 pace. last workout that will be even remotely hard until the race. Felt really good.

I'm going to be more or less off the grid for awhile, so I'll take this opportunity to wish you luck.  You're going to kill it.

Looking good, looking very good!

Nice job.  Now you need to figure out that taper thing to keep the legs fresh for the next week.

Legs were finally ready for workout this morning.  Had a heavy load on Mon and Tue and legs weren't feeling it for the tempo yesterday.  Took one more recovery day and did the tempo this morning.  2.5 mi wu including 6 x strides, 10k tempo (@5:44 avg), 6 x 100m strides after with the balance as a cooldown.  Was very happy with how the tempo went.  The tempo effort was right at my old-man 10k PR pace.  Pace kept creeping down on me and I had to keep it in check throughout.