3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

Feeling the growl again

2X2-mile with 5min recoveries, then 3Xmile with 3min recoveries.  All at 11mph with 6mph on the recoveries.  The goal was a good strength workout to keep bringing my tempo pace down and I think this was a good one.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Well, this week I've run a 5k a bit slower than my 50k best, and one lap a bit slower than my 5k best, and it about kilt me.  Felt like it. It was great to even do that, though.  20:02 on the TM for 5k today.  Just for kicks.

Feeling the growl again

Well, this week I've run a 5k a bit slower than my 50k best, and one lap a bit slower than my 5k best, and it about kilt me.  Felt like it. It was great to even do that, though.  20:02 on the TM for 5k today.  Just for kicks.

Man's gotta have a baseline.  Seems like the year of the 5K.  Bring it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

kcam

RR you may be glad to know.. (or not).. that Parkrun is coming to my neck of the woods. Historic (and beautiful) Crissy Field will be the new site starting January 24th.

oh.. and 4 min on / 2 min off.. solid work.

Well, hell, I might have to come out of retirement for the inaugural parkrun (and turn in a more dismal than usual time)!  Looks like XC, which I happen to love.

MTA:  after looking at the course ... it ain't like XC but it is on the dirt trail at Chrissie field.  It's always cool to run on that one. Still will try to get up there and run the first one.

So today the plan called for 18 with the last 10 at MP. Three weeks ago there was a similar one (16 w/8 at MP) that went just really, really badly in every way, so I was stressing a bit about todays run. Happy to report this one went MUCH better. Nowhere near the big deal I'd built it up to be in my head. Still not used to doing this kind of thing in January, but this was a great confidence boost. It wasn't a piece of cake but it wasn't super-hard and really never got to that "uh-oh, this is tipping over into race effort" place. Still not sure whether the earlier one was just a bad day or what, but it's nice to have one go as well as today's did. Onward.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

That is a monster workout. Just completing something like that has to feel good.

So today the plan called for 18 with the last 10 at MP.

And we run because we like it
              Through the broad bright land

Feeling the growl again

That is a monster workout. Just completing something like that has to feel good.

+1.  Nice.

Love that workout.  You killed it!

So today the plan called for 18 with the last 10 at MP. 

Ready, go.

I have looked at that "18 with last 10 at MP" workout post a few times, and thought that it was a little mad.  What I mean is, I don't think I have ever, barring my first marathon, held 10 miles at MP (MTA - running alone, I mean).  Too tough!  But, in the middle of training, I have several times run HM and it turns in right around marathin pace, so , not bad.

Good workout today. Just needed a pacer. Feels good to get closer to sub-16 paced workouts.

And we run because we like it
                      Through the broad bright land

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

trying to get back on the cart... yesterday and today I almost felt like I was running again...

Feeling the growl again

trying to get back on the cart... yesterday and today I almost felt like I was running again...

Steps in the right direction...

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'm in Houston for a couple of days.  Looking forward to wearing shorts and a t-shirt outside.  There doesn't look to be anything exciting around where the hotel is.  Oh well, I'll take it for what it is and enjoy not being on the treadmill.

Feeling the growl again

I'm in Houston for a couple of days.  Looking forward to wearing shorts and a t-shirt outside.  There doesn't look to be anything exciting around where the hotel is.  Oh well, I'll take it for what it is and enjoy not being on the treadmill.

Don't know where you're at, there is some big park downtown, I never saw anything else exciting.  My wife is from there.