3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

Eight miles today.. just under 47 min. But, especially proud of the 539 final mile. I really feel like my stride has much more power in it.

And we run because we like it
    Through the broad bright land

Eight miles today.. just under 47 min. But, especially proud of the 539 final mile. I really feel like my stride has much more power in it.

Solid tempo today!  Always a good feeling when you notice the difference (for the better) in the stride.

Feeling the growl again

Now that's some solid work...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

How about a crap workout? Well.. truth be told.. I never made it to a workout. I was going to hit the TM before meeting my wife for one of her jog / walk sessions. But, the walkers had invaded the gym. Its, literally, a perfect 67 degrees outside. These people are WALKING.. on the TM... INSIDE!!! They all just showed up one day. Like they all cashed in on a new resolution. It was terrible.

How about a crap workout? Well.. truth be told.. I never made it to a workout. I was going to hit the TM before meeting my wife for one of her jog / walk sessions. But, the walkers had invaded the gym. Its, literally, a perfect 67 degrees outside. These people are WALKING.. on the TM... INSIDE!!! They all just showed up one day. Like they all cashed in on a new resolution. It was terrible.

Surprised no one else picked up on this.  That was about 50 deg warmer than here.  Sounds like a perfect kind of day to RUN outside too.

haha.. yes.. I was forced to do this.

Surprised no one else picked up on this.  That was about 50 deg warmer than here.  Sounds like a perfect kind of day to RUN outside too.

Bumped up the tempo from the usual 4 to 6 this morning.  Was very happy with how it went.  Legs (and body) were stiff and tight going into the workout this morning.  Averaged 5:36 and finished feeling pretty good.  Things are rolling in the right direction.  I hope I can get some racing in before I have to start triathlon training.  15 weeks until the half iron.

Is this sub-16 quality? Looks pretty solid.

Bumped up the tempo from the usual 4 to 6 this morning.  Was very happy with how it went.  Legs (and body) were stiff and tight going into the workout this morning.  Averaged 5:36 and finished feeling pretty good.  Things are rolling in the right direction.  I hope I can get some racing in before I have to start triathlon training.  15 weeks until the half iron.

Need Motivation? Collin Jarvis from UC Berkeley.

Need Motivation? Collin Jarvis from UC Berkeley.

Nice. Reminds me of this guy: Spyros Barres who I've had the pleasure of racing twice this year already. A 2:38 guy at 52, he's pretty awesome. And he kicked my ass in the 5M last month. I nipped him in the mile (only because he was doubling that day and had already won the 3000).

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Stunning!  Get yourself in a 5k soon and I think we'll see something spectacular...

1000 off / 600 on.. Average 602 / 501. The last "off" was really painful. Not to mention the last 600m.

That was very very impressive Parklife.  I did that session a few weeks ago and was a minute slower I reckon.  Time to get yourself in a 5k race I think!

1000 off / 600 on.. Average 602 / 501. The last "off" was really painful. Not to mention the last 600m.

I've done these type of workouts often, and with great effect, in my marathon training in times past.

I targeted the "off pace" to be somewhere around planned marathon pace - just as fast as I thought I could run aerobically and barely recover from the "on-pace", which was somewhere in the 5k/10k range.  The off pace really really was killer, always.  The "on" pace always felt good, and like a relief.

Let's see. Last week I ran 3 miles in 17:01, during my long run, and this week I ran 13.1 miles in 1:24:50 during my long run.  I also ran a 5:11 mile during the week last week. I still have 30 lbs to lose, of actual factual fat weight.  Legs feel fresh, mileage is low.

Feeling the growl again

Let's see. Last week I ran 3 miles in 17:01, during my long run, and this week I ran 13.1 miles in 1:24:50 during my long run.  I also ran a 5:11 mile during the week last week. I still have 30 lbs to lose, of actual factual fat weight.  Legs feel fresh, mileage is low.

Holy crap.  Guys we'd better win this sub-16 challenge quickly or with a few more lbs we'll be dealing with another challenger! Smile

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Holy crap.  Guys we'd better win this sub-16 challenge quickly or with a few more lbs we'll be dealing with another challenger! Smile

The more the merrier!  Nice work justaguy.