3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

Very impressive parklife!

I'm back pushing things along after a mediocre fall with injury niggles and lower motivation.  I'm going for a 400 mile Janruary to kick start the year.  Then I'll start concentrating on trying to get some good workouts in...

kcam

I had to search 'Mona Farlek' ... good workou

Walk-Jogger

I jogged 13.1 on Monday, for the first time in over a year. It was slow and I had to take three short breaks, but it was still a minute faster than the same distance run on Jan 25 2015. Part of the route was covered in compacted snow and ice and hard to run on. 1:48:03 running time; 1:55:00 total time.

Retired &  Loving It

Feeling the growl again

I jogged 13.1 on Monday, for the first time in over a year. It was slow and I had to take three short breaks, but it was still a minute faster than the same distance run on Jan 25 2015. Part of the route was covered in compacted snow and ice and hard to run on. 1:48:03 running time; 1:55:00 total time.

Cecil!!!!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

Very impressive parklife!

I'm back pushing things along after a mediocre fall with injury niggles and lower motivation.  I'm going for a 400 mile Janruary to kick start the year.  Then I'll start concentrating on trying to get some good workouts in...

Go big or go home.  Nice.

I still am inconsistent and 15lbs overweight.  But I did my first real workout in a very long time yesterday.  A 6-mile tempo at 6:15 pace.  Woohoo….

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Walk-Jogger

Retired &  Loving It

haha.. kind of feels like we are getting the gang back together.

Viva 2016!

And we run because we like it
                Through the broad bright land

Feeling the growl again

haha.. kind of feels like we are getting the gang back together.

Viva 2016!

This makes me happy.  Now all we need is some stupid but moderately realistic challenge.

I still am inconsistent and 15lbs overweight.  But I did my first real workout in a very long time yesterday.  A 6-mile tempo at 6:15 pace.  Woohoo….

Can say about the same here, with exception to the tempo part.  Did a progression run this morning with an average of 6:21/mi.  Progressed from 6:47 --> 5:54, dropping ~10 sec per mile.

Things are finally moving in the right direction.  Been going through PT for a while now.  Once we got the swelling of the achilles taken care of, we started poking around to see what caused the issue to begin with.  The biggest thing we found was that my ankle was locked and wouldn't allow my heel to rotate outward as I went through my stride.  After finally getting my ankle  to "pop", the achilles got better and better after each week.  For about 2 weeks straight, I had to get my ankle to crack/pop every morning and work on the mobility.  It'm finally not having to work the ankle as much as the mobility is seeming to be sustained.  The next thing we found yesterday is that there is about a 10 deg less internal rotation of the left hip to the right hip (left leg is the one with all the issues).  Not sure what I'm going to have to it about that yet but I'm at least back to running.  Finally hit the double digit mark for a run last weekend.  Other than that, I've been keeping it between the 5-7 miles per run and hitting in the upper 20 mpw.

Good to see the activity from those that have been away for a while.  2016 will hopefully be better than last year.  On the bright side, I did get to see Spaniel over the Holiday break.

Parklife,

I tried the infamous 'Mona fartlek' this lunchtime admittedly with slightly weary legs and managed 3.33 miles so you would have been just about to lap me on a track!!

It's a great workout for a lunchtime blast, I'll be doing it again.

MTA.  Good to see you running mbehr.

kcam

I tried it too.  Yesterday's lunchtime workout ... I got 2.9 miles and the recoveries after about the 3rd 'minute' were little more than shuffle jogs.  Went too fast for my fitness I guess.  The ON sections weren't bad but the recoveries, oh my, they were over before I knew it!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

26.1 miles this week. Many of them on snow, shush and ice.

Last time I had this many miles in one week was in April, 2014.

Working on it...

heh.. I'm not sure what happened that day, but that was the fastest fartlek I've ever done. And, I felt like I could have kept going. Even had to jump over a wire with about half mile to go. That sure gets the adrenaline going when you don't see it till the last moment.

I'll second that for mbehr. The running world is better off with him crushing it.

Trent, I'm not sure how you manage to run in the snow. Sounds impossible.

Onward.

Parklife,

I tried the infamous 'Mona fartlek' this lunchtime admittedly with slightly weary legs and managed 3.33 miles so you would have been just about to lap me on a track!!

It's a great workout for a lunchtime blast, I'll be doing it again.

MTA.  Good to see you running mbehr.

And we run because we like it
                            Through the broad bright land

Feeling the growl again

Trent, I'm not sure how you manage to run in the snow. Sounds impossible.

Bwahaha.  We used to run up this.  In near waist deep snow.  Note that it is so steep that the tram is driven by cog rail…and approximately half a mile long.  IIRC there was only ever 2-3 of us that made it the whole way without walking.  It hurt.   We referred to it as the "Get Tough" run.

Prince of Fatness

Bagged a run yesterday, but with good reason. I spent about 4 hours clearing 30 inches of snow on my property. That was a damn workout.

Not at it at all.