3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

C-R

Bagged a run yesterday, but with good reason. I spent about 4 hours clearing 30 inches of snow on my property. That was a damn workout.

A workout is a workout.

Finally got a decent 4 mi tempo run today. First workout in a long time due to vacation and being ill. Sucked at first and felt good at end. Slow but ya gotta start somewhere.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

30 inches.. good grief.

C-R.. very nice. You can do a lot with a four mile tempo.

And we run because we like it
      Through the broad bright land

Walk-Jogger

I ran a 5K race yesterday in 19:53, after trying to get back under 20:00 all last year and not able to get close to it for health reasons. This was my big goal for the year. Now I have to figure out another goal for 2016.

Retired &  Loving It

I ran a 5K race yesterday in 19:53, after trying to get back under 20:00 all last year and not able to get close to it for health reasons. This was my big goal for the year. Now I have to figure out another goal for 2016.

Wow, nice run Cecil.  Nothing like knocking that goal in the first month of the year!

Feeling the growl again

Well heck, little better than blowing it out in January.

19:30???

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Walk-Jogger

Well heck, little better than blowing it out in January.

19:30???

I'm confident I can get there, IF I my left knee  doesn't fall apart, and we get a good warm weather day and a flat course, with some competition running about my speed. Lots of "if's". Next up is probably a Valentine's Day 4 miler. Hoping to go sub-26, which would be over a minute faster than last year's run. I'm signed up for a half marathon the first weekend in March. I'm worried about the distance but really want to do it. Time predictions for that, TBD.

Retired &  Loving It

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

January -

- Ran all 31 days

- Total 85 miles

- 32.8 miles highest week

- 8 miles longest run

- Feeling great, hungry and strong

-> 1 month ago I could not run over a mile.

Working on it...

What the hell.. breaking a goal in Jan? Damn..

Nice work Trent.. 11 mo. to go!!

Today ran 10 at MP, about 5-6 min jog and closed with 5k at HMP. Legs were really tired at the end. And the breathing was heavy. But, felt like I could have done more.

Feeling the growl again

January -

- Ran all 31 days

- Total 85 miles

- 32.8 miles highest week

- 8 miles longest run

- Feeling great, hungry and strong

-> 1 month ago I could not run over a mile.

Niiiiice….

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

bhearn

I got in my first run in six weeks today, first run since Achilles surgery, and since DVT. 2.5 miles. Woohoo? Not quite what I had planned. Up 15 pounds, slow, awkward, but the real problem was the calf camp (right where the DVT is) at 1.25 miles. I had to turn around and walk a ways before finishing up even more slowly.

It's a start.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Glad that you're able to get started again!

Did you give up the low carb diet once you stopped racing for the year?  Serious question.

steph  

bhearn

I decided to take a break from it for a while. I was due. After 4 weeks my weight was way up, and I figured that was long enough, so I went back on low carb. But I think I'm going to have to ramp up the miles before I can drop those pounds.

Had a few good runs this week.  Had a solid 6 mi progression run on Thursday and made it through 12 this morning. Ankle flexibility is still good and ankle strength is coming back nicely.  I have a ways to go to build that fitness up, but I'm at least on the right track. Signed up for a 10-miler in March to help keep me motivated and keep things moving in the right direction.

Did not really have any good single workout pre se, but running more consistently.  Touched 40 MPW for the first time in months, and hope to keep the mileage above that for a while before attempting any workouts.

Nice HF.. consistency.. I will give three cheers for htat..

Also.. mbehr.. good to see some miles on there.

Did not really have any good single workout pre se, but running more consistently.  Touched 40 MPW for the first time in months, and hope to keep the mileage above that for a while before attempting any workouts.