3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

Feeling the growl again

I struggle using the word ass still, I have an image of you sitting on a donkey as you drink.  Arse is easier.

For Hoppity -- a broken ass treadmill...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Hehe. The ass doesn't look too broken, but I guess his deck hasn't quite cracked.  Hope the carrot keeps him entertained.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Hehe. The ass doesn't look too broken, but I guess his deck hasn't quite cracked.

Perhaps you'd rather a broke-deck dog?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

Perhaps you'd rather a broke-deck dog?

Nice find, the color was even right.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Taking the kids out to enjoy the weather can be a workout in it's self. Such a good daddy you are Andy!

I GOT in a WORKOUT! 10009 meters. Kept within the guide lines the surgeon gave me. I'm tired now but very happy to see I can still do 10,000 meters

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Nice job Pam! You'll be Ultra Rowing in no time. Big grin

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Nice job Pam! You'll be Ultra Rowing in no time. Big grin

Hehe.

Worryingly I think you're right.

Oh and broke-deck dog is pretty friggin' cool.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

From my notes.. not sure exactly what the hell is going on right now but.. 4 min on . 3 min off.. 5 times.. I tried not to peek at the watch and run by feel.. well.. feel turned out to be 520 pace. IDK.. legs are very well rested for my w/o... but still. Can somebody help explain a series of good workouts?

And we run because we like it
                  Through the broad bright land

Nothing impressive but considering I felt like crap again this morning I'm pleased I did anything.  I didn't want to have a week without at least something other than running (Thurs and maybe Fri this week are unlikely to see any running, and any done will probably be a bimble), so 1hr into my run I talked myself in to trying at least 1 min on and then if that felt okay I would do the planned 6x1min (2 mins recovery) 1.  I tagged on a bonus 2x1min to make it to 8.  No idea on pace for the faster stuff (again), but I felt better for it.

Feeling the growl again

Nothing impressive but considering I felt like crap again this morning I'm pleased I did anything.  I didn't want to have a week without at least something other than running (Thurs and maybe Fri this week are unlikely to see any running, and any done will probably be a bimble), so 1hr into my run I talked myself in to trying at least 1 min on and then if that felt okay I would do the planned 6x1min (2 mins recovery) 1.  I tagged on a bonus 2x1min to make it to 8.  No idea on pace for the faster stuff (again), but I felt better for it.

Careful....you're starting to taint your image as an aimless bimbler....

IDK.. legs are very well rested for my w/o... but still. Can somebody help explain a series of good workouts?

No explanation needed.  Just look at your log....that's a series of good workouts.  It seems that you are well recovered going into the key workouts and are hitting what you need to be.  It's a much different feeling than the drag of the daily grind.

Feeling the growl again

Can somebody help explain a series of good workouts?

Enviable consistency, steady mileage, adequate rest (~3 days) between workouts...doesn't look so unbelievable to me.  Smile

Thanks guys.

Is there anything to having a good Fall 2012, then seeing the results in 2013 despite fewer workouts?

And we run because we like it
                            Through the broad bright land

C-R

Pretty soon Hop will be hitting workouts multiple times per week. Hanging in the hurtlocker has its pains.

Running by feel to 520s. Sounds like Latin to me but that's pretty good. As for the Fall 2012 question, my gut tells me that getting some serious fitness pays dividens for about three months or so (based on my experience) where you can maintain or really hit is well with less load. The fast guys can probably explain better but its not very surprising to me. Just look at that workout coming off some rest. Micro to macro.

You people shamed me into actually trying a workout today (shitty achilles or not) so I imprvised. 2mi start, 2 mi 10k, 1.5 mi steady and 1 mi 10k with a 1/2 mi cool down. 50:37 in all and hit all three pace miles in 6:35ish. Friggin striders in the cool down nearly did me but it was good to do something positive. Now for two days of recovery. And yes, the 10k pace is less than my current 5k times. Its my goal pace and I've run my last few 5ks in shit conditions. I firmly believe if I have the stones I can hit sub 19 this year.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Thanks guys.

Is there anything to having a good Fall 2012, then seeing the results in 2013 despite fewer workouts?

It's not workout number that predicts results.  It's what you accomplish with them.