3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

Just one? So stingy!

The ! makes up for the stinginess.  More notable would have been  is if Mr behr had measured all the calories burned running those 10k miles.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Woo hoo, hit the 10 grand mark on the RA odometer.  I knew last week I was getting close but was surprised to see today's run got me right on the mark exactly.

Congratulations!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

The ! makes up for the stinginess.  More notable would have been  is if Mr behr had measured all the calories burned running those 10k miles.

This.

steph  

Walk-Jogger

That's so easy I can do the math in my head:

10,000 miles x 100 calories per mile = 1 million calories

or to put it into terms the average person can understand, 1818 Big Mac hamburgers . . .

Retired &  Loving It

Feeling the growl again

That's so easy I can do the math in my head:

10,000 miles x 100 calories per mile = 1 million calories

or to put it into terms the average person can understand, 1818 Big Mac hamburgers . . .

I don't understand.  Please convert to beers.  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Walk-Jogger

Well if yer drinking Bud Light for example (I'm not saying YOU do, but somebody must be drinking that swill) that would be about 852 gallons, or:

9090 bottles of beer on the wall,

9090 bottles of beer,

take one down, and pass it around;

9089 bottles of beer on the wall . . .

(we're gonna be here for a while . . .) 

Retired &  Loving It

Feeling the growl again

852 gallons

Sounds about right for this winter.  

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

kcam

That's because you're not the average person ... and also why your genetic potential is too damn high.

Feeling the growl again

That's because you're not the average person ... and also why your genetic potential is too damn high.

I like being able to sit my fat ass on the couch and talk about how awesome I could be.  Big grin

C-R

I had a good workout but it was a race. Does that count.

Eff my calves are sore today but I'm sure they boys will work that out of me on the trails this afternoon prior to beers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Ran 10x200 w DW today. Don't care about splits--it was my first speedwork in weeks. Now I'm tired, but happy to have done it.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

How about a marathon yesterday with no calories and almost no fluid because I was sick with a stomach bug, fever and aches?

I was not training my legs so much as my obstinance.

pcaharrier

Completed my first 50k on Saturday in training for my first ultra attempt at the end of April.  The weather was perfect and I didn't trip over any roots despite the fact that I got out on the trails about an hour before the sun was up.

kcam

Ran 10x200 w DW today. Don't care about splits--it was my first speedwork in weeks. Now I'm tired, but happy to have done it.

That's a nice workout for a distance guy.  I did a workout of 12X100 (~18sec) a Saturday ago - man that felt good!  Not having to hurt for 1, 2, 3 or 4 laps.  I could get used to being a sprinter.  Do a nice hard 100 then slowly walk back to the start to get ready for the next.  Heaven on a spring morning!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

The first half of every 200 felt great. Got tired on all the second halves. Sure glad it wasn't 400s.