3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

2nd Annual Spaniel Farms Beer Mile - 4pm July 16, 2011 (Read 940 times)

The King of Beasts

I will hopefully already be in Leadville - I could do it at 10k feet ? or maybe hike up to Mosquito Pass and do it at 13600 ?

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Purdey

Self anointed title

I will hopefully already be in Leadville - I could do it at 10k feet ? or maybe hike up to Mosquito Pass and do it at 13600 ?

Sadly, even doing it during the race won't give me a chance of beating you - but I say do it anyway.

Feeling the growl again

Sadly, even doing it during the race won't give me a chance of beating you - but I say do it anyway.

I don't know...have not seen A1 drink but have seen you drink...it would be interesting for sure....C-R did beat me off the line on the first beer last year.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ostrich runner

My Nancy Kerrigan strategy worked! Wink

I think you need the beer more than you need to be carrying cripple friends out of the back country.

I'll list you as tentative.  I need to bust your chops because you live <15 miles away and have still managed not to meet up with me yet.

I'm moving back over by Ft Ben in a few weeks too. You get up way too early.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

We would try to make it out but we'll be in Italy/Greece during that time for our belated honeymoon.

We'll chug beers and run around the ship as fast as we can in honor of you guys. The Mediterranean beer mile! WOOT!

I assume Ben will win.

Feeling the growl again

You get up way too early.

heh.  Not lately...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Feeling the growl again

I assume Ben will win.

Not if you give him a little love tap over the rail....though the physics may not give you good odds on that one.

Next year.

Feeling the growl again

Not only did I procure a kegerator for the event, but I just learned that a collegue's son works for a local distributor and can get me a keg at cost....the catalog is like 20 pages long....

Ostrich runner

If I miss this I'll come out for a solo performance to get my time in the book. 

Feeling the growl again

If I miss this I'll come out for a solo performance to get my time in the book. 

Agreed.

Ostrich runner

I would like to throw down the gauntlet for the 5th 15k. 

Feeling the growl again

I would like to throw down the gauntlet for the 5th 15k. 

The hardcore factor of this would really depend upon what the 5th is.  Remember I also have a 1/2 mile loop available that involves a water jump that is 10ft deep (the steeple is a dock).

Ostrich runner

As long as it's brown and at least 80 proof it counts.

Feeling the growl again

As long as it's brown and at least 80 proof it counts.

Holy shit.

Ostrich runner

Vodka is cheating. Too easy.