3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

2nd Annual Spaniel Farms Beer Mile - 4pm July 16, 2011 (Read 940 times)

Feeling the growl again

All of you who may be/are coming....

What do you want in the keg?  Either brand or guidance on style.  I need to start thinking of checking availability and ordering.  I hope to have the kegerator running next week, it took more work to get it fixed up than I anticipated.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

I just got off the phone with the beer store.  My barrel of Abita Amber has arrived.  Score....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Feeling the growl again

i had designed and sourced unique awards months in advance.  Then I went to order last month and found out the place had gone out of business. I had no time to go through the process again.

So, here you go.  The awards:

C-R

Well I guess I will have to bring a different Unibrou.

Fuck it, I'll just bring the old stanby - Chimay Blue and some Elijah Craig.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Chimay Blue

I think that is what knocked me on my ass last year.

I was trying for variety yet stuff I knew was decent.  Limited selection out here in the sticks.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

What's the official ruling on using bottles vs cans for the Beer Mile?

Anybody want to share their beer selection for the race? I haven't decided yet. Gotta run by the store this evening and pick something out.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

Either bottles or cans are acceptable.  12 oz.  No wide mouths.  No shotgunning.  Etc.

I believe that the beer must be 5% ABV or higher.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

Either bottles or cans are acceptable.  12 oz.  No wide mouths.  No shotgunning.  Etc.

I believe that the beer must be 5% ABV or higher.

The tater is wise on this one. MGD for me.

Here is the "official" site and rules (with beer status)

http://www.beermile.com/faq.beer#rules

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Feeling the growl again

What's the official ruling on using bottles vs cans for the Beer Mile?

Anybody want to share their beer selection for the race? I haven't decided yet. Gotta run by the store this evening and pick something out.

Tater covered it.

If you did not buy your beer for the Mile yet and are OK with MGD, do not buy it!!!  The only way to get 12oz cans where I went was to get a full case!!  Six-packs were all 16oz cans.  So I have 24 cans of this swill, you can use some of mine.  If you want to let me know so I ice enough of them tomorrow.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Damn I wish I were there.

Feeling the growl again

Damn I wish I were there.

Me too, although you would probably go for revenge after that hangover I left you with last fall. Damn was that a good night.

Purdey

Self anointed title

I think I finally recovered from it this week.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

If you did not buy your beer for the Mile yet and are OK with MGD, do not buy it!!!  The only way to get 12oz cans where I went was to get a full case!!  Six-packs were all 16oz cans.  So I have 24 cans of this swill, you can use some of mine.  If you want to let me know so I ice enough of them tomorrow.

MGD probably wouldn't be my first choice, but I wouldn't want to wish 24 cans of that stuff on anyone, so I'll take 4 off your hands. I'll probably puke it up anyway. More room for better beer that way.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

Tater covered it.

Excellent. That allows me to bring another good beer to share.

Feeling the growl again

SCORE...I found a fifth competitor.