3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

I'm going to hurt myself (Read 3386 times)

Yes, I'll be OK.  The leg's no worse than it was a month ago; I just need some more kinks worked out.  I am also going to sign up for Winter #4 which is the last Saturday in February.  Might as well do the half.  You hitting either of these?

Still thinking it over. Good to know you're down for #4 as well.  

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I look my best blurry!

I accidentally found this group. I can understand this philosophy! I'm spending my daily hour or so before bed with my ice and Exogen machine. Somedays it takes 2 miles and somedays it takes 7 to feel really good/numb but what the heck, right? Recovery indicator Nobby talks about gives me a little smiley face and tells me to have a good workout, so I go for it. My morning heart rate stays between 44 and 48, my weight goes down occasionally, so I eat a huge bowl of ice cream and an extra peanut butter sandwich. If I don't get enough sleep, it's because I didn't go to bed, not because I can't sleep. I'm not overtraining I'm "callousing myself." I stole that line from Shalane. I want to believe I'm a Master's version. Lol! That probably means I'll be crippled soon, or so I've been told. I've had enough MRIs in the last year to know that this pain is OK. Shin splints. I can deal with them. So I limp a little. I can still run!!! I am realizing that if I just push through the discomfort, it keeps moving around. I want to keep going and I want to get faster. I believe that I'll progress if I just push through this phase. So, am I in? Sorry I haven't sent you an e-mail Nader. I've been trying to find the paper to scan and I'm too lazy to write an explanation of everything. Maybe tomorrow. :-/

Feeling the growl again

I am realizing that if I just push through the discomfort, it keeps moving around. I want to keep going and I want to get faster.  

Congrats, you have just discovered "The Secret".  Now you can change your name to Iamarunner Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I look my best blurry!

When I read Iamarunner I want to say " llama runner". It makes me laugh! Not changing.

The King of Beasts

I accidentally found this group. I can understand this philosophy! I'm spending my daily hour or so before bed with my ice and Exogen machine. Somedays it takes 2 miles and somedays it takes 7 to feel really good/numb but what the heck, right? Recovery indicator Nobby talks about gives me a little smiley face and tells me to have a good workout, so I go for it. My morning heart rate stays between 44 and 48, my weight goes down occasionally, so I eat a huge bowl of ice cream and an extra peanut butter sandwich. If I don't get enough sleep, it's because I didn't go to bed, not because I can't sleep. I'm not overtraining I'm "callousing myself." I stole that line from Shalane. I want to believe I'm a Master's version. Lol! That probably means I'll be crippled soon, or so I've been told. I've had enough MRIs in the last year to know that this pain is OK. Shin splints. I can deal with them. So I limp a little. I can still run!!! I am realizing that if I just push through the discomfort, it keeps moving around. I want to keep going and I want to get faster. I believe that I'll progress if I just push through this phase. So, am I in? Sorry I haven't sent you an e-mail Nader. I've been trying to find the paper to scan and I'm too lazy to write an explanation of everything. Maybe tomorrow. :-/

welcome.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

I look my best blurry!

welcome.

Thank you. Did you see what happened to Jimmy? To many margaritas?

Take your time, Kristin. Hearty welcome aboard!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

The King of Beasts

Thank you. Did you see what happened to Jimmy? To many margaritas?

you have not really lived till you have drank so many margaritas you fell over.

I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead ~ Jimmy

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

When I read Iamarunner I want to say " llama runner". It makes me laugh! Not changing.

That's what I thought too.  Welcome aboard!

obsessor

you're not on crack, are you?

I look my best blurry!

you're not on crack, are you?

Not currently. Why do you ask?
                        obsessor

Haha! You just sounded a little excited. Clipped writing, big paragraph.

I look my best blurry!

Haha! You just sounded a little excited. Clipped writing, big paragraph.

It's an all natural character defect. :-/ My iPad eliminates all of my spacing. ???
                            Purdey

Self anointed title

yup. especially if you ran 11 or 12 miles today.

Sadly no.

Hawt and sexy

I've decided the10% rule is for wussies.

I'm touching your pants.