3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

I'm going to hurt myself (Read 3386 times)

Yeah, that's what I was thinking Tater.

Up on the side of the foot?

Mine on the bottom of my foot continues to hinder my ability to run in the morning -- it takes about 15min of walking before I can stand on it.  It has gone from something that is usually painful to more of a constant tightness that just hurts in the morning.

40 miles in 2 days over the weekend did not help it.

Yep it's on the side, like to the right of my Achilles, just behind the big ankle bone. It hurts more on the back/inside of my foot when I run, but is tender to the touch on the outside spot.

~Sara
    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Feeling the growl again

Yeah, that's what I was thinking Tater.

Yep it's on the side, like to the right of my Achilles, just behind the big ankle bone. It hurts more on the back/inside of my foot when I run, but is tender to the touch on the outside spot.

That may be the exact issue I have, except mine hurts down at the insertion point in the bottom of the heel.  Hopefully not being in the pounding zone yours heals a lot faster.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

12 painful miles last week.  There's apparently a knot in my upper calf that is grabbing everything (knee, shin). Had one session with an ART guy.  He found and drilled it last Tues.  Man. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

L Train

Had one session with an ART guy.  He found and drilled it last Tues.  Man. 

Awkward.

Prince of Fatness

Had one session with an ART guy.  He found and drilled it last Tues.  Man. 

When I saw him the day before he hinted that pain was in your future.  Heh.

Not at it at all. 

L Train

When I saw him the day before he hinted that pain was in your future.  Heh.

awkwarder. 

Whatever it takes. 

Prince of Fatness

awkwarder. 

Yeah, and that was after he worked on my ass.

Whoa!

Not at it at all. 

So, you know [Mr. Finn]...

Yeah, dude, I'm the one who sent him to your mancave. 

I look my best blurry!

You're popping impressive mileage for being injured...

I'm pretty determined. I've been told over and over and over that if it isn't getting worse, it's OK to keep going. The AG helps a ton. I feel so lucky to have it as a tool. Somedays I wonder if it is getting worse and the the next I think "hey this is getting better!". I really don't know. It will either go away or get worse, right? Until then I'm going to keep on running all the way to Boston! Big grin smalcolm Sad That sucks plain and simple. I'd send you Internet hugs but that is discouraged here, right?

Yeah, you're lucky with the Alter G.  Sounds like it's been working well for you though.  The tough part of running is interpreting the good pain versus bad pain versus growing pains...  You just don't know many times so we keep pounding ourselves until we just sometimes can't go anymore.

BTW, no hugs here just kicks in the you know what.  Smalcolm, sorry to hear about your issue.  Never good when it's tender to the touch.

Apparently my achilles is pretty inflammed/tight. I'll take a few days off, ice, and take the Stick to it. We'll see how it goes.

~Sara
                          It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Prince of Fatness

take the Stick to it

I was going to recommend that.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

Apparently my achilles is pretty inflammed/tight. I'll take a few days off, ice, and take the Stick to it. We'll see how it goes.

ood start. For me (couple of years with no issues) the Stick did not hit the proper place. I had to use trigger point work to get to the soleous which was the main issue. Not hard to check - find the trigger point book in local library and perform a self eval. Well worth the time. Good luck.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I will definitely give the stick a go and look into the trigger point stuff. Should have done something a week ago when my calf tightened up. I just kept making it worse. I got in to see my chiro/PT guy today and he did some ART/Graston. That hurt so good. Hopefully this does not linger.

~Sara