3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

November 2014 Racing Thread (Read 36 times)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Slow and probably a few tenths long, but really fun. They fit as many hills as you can pack into 3 miles, and running on the fairways was neat - and a cool 400m long wood footbridge through a swamp.

maybe 100 runners, mostly JV crossers and their dads. Kind of cruised once I had it won before mile 2, so it was slow. 1OA, 18:32. Fun race.

Wow, 1OA and had fun!   Congratulations!

steph  

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

DNF.  I don't know if was GI issues (I nearly threw up the first Gu at 10K and felt awful from the gun) or if my legs simply froze up in the cold and wind.  Whatever it was, despite keeping the effort well within myself, past 8 miles my pace started to climb from steady 5:50s to 6:15 and at 10 miles (about 59:45) I elected for a 4.5 mile jog back to somewhere warm over committing to a 16 mile hypothermic slog-fest.  Now I can start training for Boston next week without a big recovery period.

Sorry spaniel!  But hey, Boston awaits Smile

steph  

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Running is a sign that I'm somewhat healthy which is why I'm not going down without a fight. I will be showing up tomorrow and I will be starting. Finishing? Who knows. I will be carrying my phone with me and my husband is prepared to pick me up where ever I may be if needed. My brain knows this is stupid but my heart is over ruling it as it always does. You would think with a  prediction of Partly Cloudy 39 feels like 31 and winds NNW 17MP  that I would be like, OK staying in bed sounds better. But  it feels like " Rocken's last stand"

Anyway thanks WhoDat and everyone else! 

Totally understandable Rocken.

Wishing you much luck with it!

steph  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

In an effort to really screw up my marathon training I've decided to run a half this weekend.

11/1 - WhoDatRunner - Monumental Half Marathon, Indianapolis, IN - <1:54:38(PR)

Fail.  I held goal pace through mile 8 and then started to fall off pace. Decided not to push and bagged it. Walked/jogged the next 4 miles then jogged it in the last mile. The cold was pretty miserable once I slowed down. I did run the first 10K in 52:32 which would be a 10K PR. Too bad I couldn't hold the pace. Back to training.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

BIG FAT DNF! Feeling like crap. Peeing orange. Guess my body showed me

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Feeling the growl again

Aw crap.  Sorry to hear this.  Hope the doc figures this out!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Damn. Hope you're back out there soon Rocken.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I really hope your Dr.(s) get this figured out soon Rocken!

steph  

An entry for the boy...Ntown Kyle, 11/16, USATF CT XC Jr. Championships, Litchfield, CT, 2k (8yo and under), goal: 11:40?

He's not the fastest kid (yet), but he's been working at it, and we have had a blast "training" for this. Our weekend runs are my favorite run of the week.

A little hat tip to RA, too - he LOVES entering his runs on the log.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

An entry for the boy...Ntown Kyle, 11/16, USATF CT XC Jr. Championships, Litchfield, CT, 2k (8yo and under), goal: 11:40?

He's not the fastest kid (yet), but he's been working at it, and we have had a blast "training" for this. Our weekend runs are my favorite run of the week.

A little hat tip to RA, too - he LOVES entering his runs on the log.

That's awesome.  Good luck to the little guy.

Sorry to hear about this.  Hope you get this figured out ASAP!

The orange pee should be concerning, are you on some medication that could cause it?  Hope they figure it out soon.

Second that. Get well. And hang in there.

Hope they figure it out soon.

And we run because we like it
                            Through the broad bright land

The women's winner of the Indy monumental Alana Hadley lives in my neighborhood. Kind of funny that we probably run the same routes, but are leagues apart.

Aw crap.  Sorry to hear this.  Hope the doc figures this out!

Thanks Spaniel and everyone else! Still dealing with "orange" urine. Should be hearing back from the doctor sometime today.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson