3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Fall 1-Mile Challenge (Read 1148 times)

Ostrich runner

Back in the days when I was a runner, we usually ran much harder warmups than people I see at most road races. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

I don't know if I will see any improvement at this point. They have had us on a crap diet on this work trip with not enough time to squeeze in many runs. Now the pain in the root of my ass is back and I didn't make it a quarter mile tonight. When I get home I will need to quit crying in my beer and buckle down. I am committed to do what I can do through the fifty and then I may need to reassess. I am finding it hard to be consistent when the main reward for consistency seems to be more pain than the day before.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I don't know if I will see any improvement at this point. They have had us on a crap diet on this work trip with not enough time to squeeze in many runs. Now the pain in the root of my ass is back and I didn't make it a quarter mile tonight. When I get home I will need to quit crying in my beer and buckle down. I am committed to do what I can do through the fifty and then I may need to reassess. I am finding it hard to be consistent when the main reward for consistency seems to be more pain than the day before.

That sucks dude! Hope you can HTFU quickly and find some consistency.
          I am finding it hard to be consistent when the main reward for consistency seems to be more pain than the day before.

Isn't that the sort of negative feedback loop that grad school prepared you for?

Hope things improve!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Now the pain in the root of my ass is back and I didn't make it a quarter mile tonight.

Have you tried any butt massage with a tennis ball, softball etc.  Perhaps you have a knot / trigger point? 

Feeling the growl again

Isn't that the sort of negative feedback loop that grad school prepared you for?

Heh.  As someone who had to make the decision to leave a PhD program after 4 years, you have no idea....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Feeling the growl again

Have you tried any butt massage with a tennis ball, softball etc.  Perhaps you have a knot / trigger point? 

DIdn't have one (been in Evanston for a week but no time to call you up).  Will try but it's likely too deep, on the scietic nerve all the way under the glut where it is hard to do much to it.  Very hard to walk and not look odd today.  I will try to rip it loose tomorrow and go from there.

Prince of Fatness

Tennis ball is good.  A couple of people have mentioned lacrosse ball.  I may have to go shopping.  I imagine it will hurt like hell, but in a good way.

Not at it at all. 

Tennis ball is good.  A couple of people have mentioned lacrosse ball.  I may have to go shopping.  I imagine it will hurt like hell, but in a good way.

I sometimes use a baseball and it can get a bit tender....I've also heard the lacrosse ball being great and want to buy one.

Andy, if its a trigger point you'll likely find some major relief even on something that is very deep...no worries on Evanston, sure you're super busy.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I was planning to do my TT this morning, but the weather decided not to cooperate. It was windy and a little rainy, less than ideal conditions. I'll see how I feel next week after this weekends HM.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

I was planning to do my TT this morning, but the weather decided not to cooperate. It was windy and a little rainy, less than ideal conditions. I'll see how I feel next week after this weekends HM.

Tomorrow should be a GREAT cool day for it.  Wink

FWIW I will not be doing the HM.  I was still debating and now I'm out for a day or two (no more, hopefully) with tendonitis in my knee.  

Prince of Fatness

I sometimes use a baseball and it can get a bit tender....I've also heard the lacrosse ball being great and want to buy one.

I went out today and bought a lacrosse ball.  Big difference from the tennis ball.  Almost brought tears to my eyes.  Damn.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

I went out today and bought a lacrosse ball.  Big difference from the tennis ball.  Almost brought tears to my eyes.  Damn.

I will see if I can find one.

Of course now the knee is my issue.

Fuck.  I've got the mindset and time to train, and now my body is the limiting factor.  Grrr.

Prince of Fatness

I will see if I can find one.

I found mine at Dick's Sporting Goods.  They had a cheapo bin, $3 each, so I bought 2.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Tomorrow should be a GREAT cool day for it.  Wink

FWIW I will not be doing the HM.  I was still debating and now I'm out for a day or two (no more, hopefully) with tendonitis in my knee.  

I thought about doing it this morning, but really want to make sure my legs are fresh for this weekend. Feeling pretty good so far. If the weather Saturday is like this morning it could be a good day.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.