3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Fall 1-Mile Challenge (Read 1148 times)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Today's schedule called for 3x1mile intervals with rest in between.  I used the first on for this challenge...

1.  August 13   =    Time-7:38            Pace-7:38    1 mile

2.  October 2   =    Time-7:32.35      Pace-7:37     .99mile  

is the difference between pace and time because I used the lap button?  If so, which is correct?

Either way, I had expected better.

steph  

DoppleBock

With my pissed off achillies - I am out

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

is the difference between pace and time because I used the lap button?  If so, which is correct?

Probably imprecise measurement by Garmin between the two runs.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Thanks.   New garmin.   Would hate to think that it is already flaking out.

steph  

I think I'm out, but I might change my mind...I'm fickle.  However I can't see me doing anything productive with this until later this month or early next, which sort of negates the point of it all.  FAIL.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

DoppleBock

I ran my 1st speed workout in forever last night - Achillies was not happy about it - But it can just shut up.  I have lost 30-35 seconds per mile with my 15# of weight gain and not doing speed work.

I am guessing the 1st 15-20 seconds will come back quickly 3-4 weeks.  The last 15 seconds will not come back any time soon ... maybe for Christmas is I am a good boy and Santa gets my letter.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

I think I'm out, but I might change my mind...I'm fickle.  However I can't see me doing anything productive with this until later this month or early next, which sort of negates the point of it all.  FAIL.

Injured?

No?

Then...?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Tired. Niggled (but not injured, yet). Hassled.  Unexpected family bereavement.  30 miles in next 2 weeks.  But I guess mainly I'm unmotivated, crap and running like a wazzock at the moment (however the continuing mild lower back ache and the usual shin stinging is peeing me off...but may be improved by running less like a wazzock). 

I said I was fickle.  I'll probably change my mind..but body is shafted this week and next week I might be taking things down a gear (is that even possible with the running of late) ready to try and run 30 at the weekend (I know that's not anything much for all of you, but I've never run more than 21).

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Feeling the growl again

Tired. Niggled (but not injured, yet). Hassled.  Unexpected family bereavement.  

Sorry.  Just trying to be the expected Hurtlocker slavedriver.  Smile

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Slavedriving is good, and needed.  Just finding it hard to want stuff at the moment.  But yeah, I need whipping and driving...and am usually eager to please...normal service will no doubt resume soon.  And I do want to beat the time, and to run another TT whether or not I'm trained enough to beat the time,  just not sure it's going to be when I intially intended to do it.

(and no need to be sorry).

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I may do mine on the 13th.

Spaniel, do you know if the HS track is open to the public? The last 100 yards of last weeks 10K was on a track and the surface felt really nice. I'm thinking it would be faster than asphalt or at least less punishing on the legs.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

I may do mine on the 13th.

Spaniel, do you know if the HS track is open to the public? The last 100 yards of last weeks 10K was on a track and the surface felt really nice. I'm thinking it would be faster than asphalt or at least less punishing on the legs.

I have not run there in a couple years but there has always been an open gate on the south end when I did, and nobody ever bothered me.  The only reason I quit running there was that, during the school year whenever I showed up there was something going on there (meet, game), and in the summer it's too damn hot for me to want to.

If you do it on a Sunday you should be okay.  And yeah, I ALWAYS run faster on the track.

I'm pretty pumped that they are putting the finishing touches on the 1/5 mile track at work...looks like a pro job...and it will be open next month, a 2 minute walk from my office.

Prince of Fatness

My leg has been really bugging me the last week or so.  I may have been over aggressive with the lacrosse ball, but I am finding spots and hitting them.  I'm feeling a little better the last couple of days so I am going to give this a go tomorrow.  If it hurts bad I'll stop, otherwise onward.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

My leg has been really bugging me the last week or so.  I may have been over aggressive with the lacrosse ball, but I am finding spots and hitting them.  I'm feeling a little better the last couple of days so I am going to give this a go tomorrow.  If it hurts bad I'll stop, otherwise onward.

Kick some ass.

Prince of Fatness

The leg held up ... warm up helped.  Went out too fast again, but not as bad.  Didn't hit my goal, but came close.

6:19

Not at it at all.