3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

March 2014 Racing Thread (Read 41 times)

Date Who Race Name Location Distance Goal Result
    3/8 Roth Runner Dulwich Parkun 5k London, UK 5k <16:22 PR  

I'll have another swing out on Saturday and see if I'm being greedy at the moment PR wise.

DNS for me.  I was feeling fairly flat for a few days running wise and then a wheat, saison, lambic, IPA + an APA last night finished it!

I will have a go next week instead.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

marathon tomorrow morning (3/9). Goal = sub-3, I guess (kinda intimidating after failing at the attempt last year)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Feeling the growl again

DNS for me.  I was feeling fairly flat for a few days running wise and then a wheat, saison, lambic, IPA + an APA last night finished it!

I will have a go next week instead.

Sounds like you won anyways.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

marathon tomorrow morning (3/9). Goal = sub-3, I guess (kinda intimidating after failing at the attempt last year)

Well at least you were careful to keep it conservative with the last long run in your cycle.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Good luck!!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Bailed at 17. I suppose I can pretend it was a workout, in which case I had a good workout this week. Heh.

What a stupid distance.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Had fun cheering the front runners. But now, the day after, am feeling regret that I didn't push through to the finish. Probably some lesson in there....

Bailed at 17. I suppose I can pretend it was a workout, in which case I had a good workout this week. Heh.

What a stupid distance.

Sorry to hear about the DNF.  Sounds like you had a few other things to focus on for the day anyways.  Plus with all the other segments added on, you nearly got that 26.2 for the day.  Next time.

Lets have another go....

3/15 Roth Runner Dulwich Parkun 5k London, UK 5k <16:22 PR  

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Sorry to hear about the DNF.  Sounds like you had a few other things to focus on for the day anyways.  Plus with all the other segments added on, you nearly got that 26.2 for the day.  Next time.

The latter part (speedwork after marathon) now seems stupid, as I've now (suddenly) signed up for Shamrock this coming weekend. Intend to run with a friend - and to please pay attention to my body and not let focus on the clock seduce me into overreaching my aerobic ability.

Feeling the growl again

The latter part (speedwork after marathon) now seems stupid, as I've now (suddenly) signed up for Shamrock this coming weekend. Intend to run with a friend - and to please pay attention to my body and not let focus on the clock seduce me into overreaching my aerobic ability.

What time is your friend targeting?  It had better be significantly slower than 3:00.  Dude.

BTW never ran Shamrock (had to pull out due to over-training "back in the day") but have nothing but good to say about the RD.

Racing marathons aren't simple.  Most people go through very specific marathon training cycles including running long runs with marathon pace mixed in, etc.  I think if you spent 8 weeks just focusing on marathon specific training you would be a lot more comfortable come race day.  That, and the race has to be about your pace, stoop to printing out a pace band and following it to the letter if you have to, I still do this even after quite a few marathons just to keep my head where it needs to be.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

What time is your friend targeting?  It had better be significantly slower than 3:00.  Dude.

Maybe 3:06

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I'm in no shape to race, but why should I let that stop me? I've never run a 5K trail race in under 30 minutes, so that seems like a good goal.

3/15 WhoDatRunner DINO Trail Series Anderson, IN 5K <30:00  

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.