3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

March 2014 Racing Thread (Read 41 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I envy you guys the B.S. 5K Smile

Heh. I see what you did there.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Managed 16618m for my hour on Saturday.  I felt crappy after 3-4 laps so I knew it wasn't going to be pretty but I slogged through stupidly.  I then felt rough for about 5 hours afterwards.  I think it may be time for a bit of a race break and a little battery recharge for a summer of old man track.

kcam

Congratulations to all at the BS 5K!

Robin, a little judicious down-time now may bump you another level later on.  You've put in some great racing lately.  16,618 m for an hour is pretty good for not feeling it - congrats.  I have a 16,093m race coming up this Sunday and I'll likely only get into the 1:04's if it's a good day.

C-R

Some good racing this month. Lots of variety and low numbers.

Winner of this months beer is Ntown Kevin for a shinny new PR in the HM at 1:18

Honorable mention goes to Roth for sheer quantity and still running fast. Summer will be fun to watch you take down some courses and times.

Most of the time these beers are fictitious, but I'm likely to be in the Boston area for some business and will mix some running with the crew. So Ntown, if in the area I will buy that pint.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Awesome, thank you! Real or fictitious, I appreciate it.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
            We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes