3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

July Racing Thread -- Spaniel Farms Beer Mile July 16th (Read 1288 times)

Feeling the growl again

Guess I will be living the High Life.  Found a long list and there are scant true 5% beers that could be found in cans without undue effort.  That's ok, I'm assuming this is great stuff rabutler picked for us to wash our livers out with afterwards.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

I would not worry about it - Don't drink 3.2 beer, but 4.7 Who cares -

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

North Island XC - 2nd July. Goal - finish in top 5 Wellington women (to show them how wrong they were not to select me - grrrrr).  Real goal - 21mins

Wellington XC - 9th July.  No time goal as they haven't set the course yet.  Aim is to do whatever it takes to get selected to represent Wellington at National XC 2 weeks later.

My aims for this weekend changed drastically midweek when my friend and teammate was hit and killed by a bus while out running. We raced in her memory and despite tears on the start line when we held a minutes silence, and tears at the finish, in the middle I raced as hard as I could. 21.29 so ok but not brilliant. 4th Wellington woman across the line. But everyone in Wellington Scottish and everyone in the Wellington centre team raced in black armbands. Hard to see them as competitors this weekend.
        AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

That's a tragic happening; condolences.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

That's very sad Mandy, i'm so so sorry Sad

Feeling the growl again

Oh my God, Mandy.  I'm so sorry.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

So, so sorry Mandy.  I hope the time spent with your clubmates gave a chance to share in sadness and memories.  Running in her memory, wearing the armbands and holding the minutes silence all sound lovely things to do.  Thinking of you. 

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Mandy.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Ostrich runner

Will reflect on this during today's run.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

The King of Beasts

Will reflect on this during today's run.

I am sorry Mandy. Very sad.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Mandy, I'm very sorry to hear about this. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

7/4 Firecracker 6 Mile, Indianapolis IN, under 60 min

Finished in 58:04. Pretty happy with that. Plus I got to meet knifey.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Hope to run 3200 on Jul 5th, and would like to PR (<11:12). Means I have to go a tiny bit faster than my 3000 PR last week, but I hope to have close competition, which should help.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Thanks all of you for your thoughts. Memorial service in a few hours. Nice work on your race rabutler

Prince of Fatness

Playing catchup.....

Mandy, I am very sorry for your loss.

Not at it at all.