3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

July Racing Thread -- Spaniel Farms Beer Mile July 16th (Read 1288 times)

C-R

Damn DB. Good to hear it is workable.

I guess I need to throw my fat ass into the beer mile ring.

Sub 10 and no puking. Shit.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Purdey

Self anointed title

Leadville will suck - But I will finish

Shit. Mikey - sorry I missed this - been on holiday. You are due some good luck soon - here's to that bloody arm healing really quickly. Fancy some company mid-pack at Leadville? My training has gone to shit. Trying to do a crash re-gain in the next 4 weeks - but the goal is very definitely to finish <30hrs.>

Feeling the growl again

Damn DB. Good to hear it is workable.

I guess I need to throw my fat ass into the beer mile ring.

Sub 10 and no puking. Shit.

Shit!  C-R sighting! 

OK...what did you run last year?  I forgot.

Just remember, anyone that lets me lap their ass is going to be in the photos I take after I finish.  Wink

Hey C-R, if you want to bring your new toy out a bit early (3pm) we can play with that for awhile before the real fun starts.  I've got the kids most of the day but I walk them across to the sitter at 3pm.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Unfortunately for me, I suck at pain and hard work. The time for my trail race was 33:12. I really should have been able to do better than that. It wasn't even very hot, so I can't blame the heat. I'll blame the freaking stairs. Who has stairs on a race course?!

One of the HS cross country courses near me has stairs on it - both up & down. I find it scary racing down stairs, and I slow a bit. It is a 5K course, but the times people get on it are NOT like their road 5K times.

PS: I was sorry to read of DB's accident, but glad to read that his doctor said it should heal.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

DoppleBock

With the string of events I am putting together - You all might want to stay clear of being my drinking buddies for awhile

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

With the string of events I am putting together - You all might want to stay clear of being my drinking buddies for awhile

It sounds like you were sober for all of them....perhaps you are safer drinking!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

Shit!  C-R sighting! 

OK...what did you run last year?  I forgot.

Just remember, anyone that lets me lap their ass is going to be in the photos I take after I finish.  Wink

Hey C-R, if you want to bring your new toy out a bit early (3pm) we can play with that for awhile before the real fun starts.  I've got the kids most of the day but I walk them across to the sitter at 3pm.

The rumors of my early demise have been greatly exaggerated. Last year was high 8's but hell I was in shape. Not right now. Just check the logs.

I'll bring my toy and be there at 3 with either some nice selections fo beer or bourbon. Game day decision.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

DoppleBock

Have a great beer mile everyone

remember

*  do not to tip the can / bottle totally upside down - Find the optimal angle for a nice steady pour - To much angle and you get air differential and glugging occurs in your chugging. 

*  Do not swallow - Just open the throat and let it slide down - You can breath afterward

Feeling the growl again

*  Do not swallow - Just open the throat and let it slide down - You can breath afterward

Easier said than done!

I did witness a chick do that with a 3-beer bong hit in college though...had it down in under 3 seconds.

'Nuff said on that one....

Since I am not that talented my strategy is to take a fixed number of very large gulps, a couple rapid breaths, and continue.  This doesn't really slow the flow out of the can much.   I could probably get through a whole can or nearly so without breathing on the first one -- we'll see how that goes -- but one later ones I'm just too winded.  But when you stick to the rhythm it helps you get done faster.

DoppleBock

"Buddy" held just over a six pack -

I thought everyone could drink without swallowing?

It is the same feeling as when you are yawning ... Damn it man - practice!

Prince of Fatness

I agree with DB in that you want it to slide down while allowing the displaced air up.  Think about how you would do it if asked to pour into the glass as quickly as possible.  And beer bongs, sigh, it's been a while.

I'm not really a chugger, but I am a fast sipper.  I really need to do one of these beer miles as I am curious as to how I would do.  It's been a while since I have chugged a beer.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

I agree with DB in that you want it to slide down while allowing the displaced air up. 

So you have to get the angle right and suppress the gag reflex....

Wait, what were we talking about?

Feeling the growl again

I'll bring my toy and be there at 3 with either some nice selections fo beer or bourbon. Game day decision.

Don't feel obligated to bring too much beer...a good taste is always welcome....but we have to put a good dent in that half barrel of Abita or rabutler and I are going to need liver transplants.

Well, how did it go?

Feeling the growl again

Well, how did it go?

See the dedicated thread for specific results....

6:58 for me.  Fast first beer (<13sec), fast first lap (~1:09), but no rhythm on the subsequent drinking.  I think this calls for a re-do when the weather cools and beer warms a bit.