3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

March 2013 Racing Thread (Read 183 times)

Feeling the growl again

Dude, ya missed one.

Got it now.

Damn, I have to think more strategically about which months I volunteer for.  What was I thinking raising my hand during core racing season?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

J-L-C

3/1 -- JLC  --  Ulsan 10k - Ulsan, Korea  <34:30

3/23 -- Gville Kevin -- Savin Rock 5K   West Haven, CT  <17:20

Sorry Spaniel, upon further review (soulless race which would likely be a pure time trial and even though it's on maybe the flattest course possible besides a track) pulling an audible here:

3/23 -- Gville Kevin -- Shamrock Run 2M   Bristol, CT  <10:40

Looks like a lot more fun, and a lot more competition, plus I'll have a 5k in two weeks after anyway, and need to update my 2M PR.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

3/23  New Jersey Ultra Festival 100k Augusta, NJ Goal: sub 10 hr, CR, PR, beat Greg_C and L Train, drink lots of beer with Hasher (and hopefully Spud, Nads and Joe).

I am unfortunately not going to be able to make this race, and I'm very unhappy about it. Life is stupid sometimes, and it gets in the way. Boo.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

3/3 -- Roth Runner  --  Frank Harmer 10k - London UK <35:00

Sounds like a sandbagger target but this race is a 3 lapper with a steep hill in the middle of each lap so it's not one for fast times.

#artbydmcbride

Smile Is that his hamstring?

Big grin  close enough....a butt pat is always good for healing purposes!

Runners run

Got one picked out and am all signed up!

3/16 - St Paddys Day 5k, Naperville, IL (Goal: <16:25)

Let's see.  In 3 years, I've done 3 5k's.  I'm due to fill in the one for this year.  My goal should be to be less than 2 minutes behind the leaders.  I know a few that are going to be there that are shooting for 14:30.

an amazing likeness

3/17 -- MilkTruck-- New Bedford HM -- <1:40:00

Nope.

No reasonable chance this is going to happen, so pulling the ripcord on this one as well.

(Bib transfer can happen up to this Friday, so PM me if you want the bib and can actually run it.)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

3/9 -- CliveF -- Blue & Green 5k -- Charlotte NC -- Goal = sub-19:20

3/16 -- CliveF -- Leprechaun Loop 8k (evening race!) -- Davidson NC -- Goal = 32:15

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

3/16 -- CliveF -- Leprechaun Loop 8k (evening race!) -- Davidson NC -- Goal = 32:15

Jealous! My old stomping grounds. That part that goes South - Avinger - Pine - Lorimer was part of our "long campus" run when I played baseball there. Good luck and enjoy the scenery!

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

3/9 -- NaderAlfie -- Cupid's Chase 5k - Glen Rock, NJ - sub-19            

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

flarunner

3/2  flarunner   Suncoast Classic 10K   St. Petersburg, FL   <47:00 

45:03 1st AG, 10th F

Feeling the growl again

45:03 1st AG, 10th F

Just "a bit" under the goal, nice job!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

3/9   lynde   Mardi Gras 5k   Oxford, AL  <23:00

It may be a stretch, but I ran a 23:56 last August and have built a much better base since then.

Pinhoti 100: Finished :D

Walk-Jogger

3/02 -- Cecil57  --  Snake River Canyon Half Marathon  -  Wawawai, WA.  <1:27:00

3/16  --  Cecil57  --  St. Patrick's Day 10K  --  Clarkston, WA.   <39:00

1:26:09.  31st O/A, "1st A/G M55-59" *

This was a flat, out and back course, with a cold headwind all the way out today. It was not as warm as the forecast at 47F at the start, but better than some years. The course was 13.02 miles on my Garmin, so possibly a bit short, and I was very careful to run all the tangents as short as possible. Overall pace was 6:37.0 per mile, which would extrapolate out to 1:26:44 at a full 13.11 miles. There were 700 runners, and I think I finished 31st over-all, and *technically 2nd in my age group although I was awarded 1st A/G since the local guy who beat me was also first place Masters 40 and up over-all. Not bad for him at the age of 56. He ran 1:21 and change, which makes my time look rather trivial.

That hurt. I need a beer and a nap.

Retired &  Loving It