3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

January Racing Thread (Read 1133 times)

Ostrich runner

It's looking like there is a very good possibility that I'm on baby duty on the Saturday of the night race. Good news is that in my limited forays into training over the last couple weeks, my legs and lungs have felt good. Somewhat strangely so considering my lack of training. That, and I have the itch again that only miles can scratch. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

That, and I have the itch again that only miles can scratch. 

Well, I DID nominate you for the next stupid running stunt...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ostrich runner

I might be able to do something...

It couldn't possibly be a consistency based challenge like the last one. I just don't have the ability. As I type that I wonder if I could pull off a reasonable streak if even a mile counts. I still think you guys need to do some night trail running. 

C-R

So are you running it Beef?

I sure as hell won't. The boss said " What are you mental. You just had some month long stunt so you're good for a while."

Plus I get to run in FL.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Ostrich runner

It is going to depend on whether I have the MIL in that weekend or the previous one. Unfortunately, I won't know for a while. 

Ok I did a DNS on last weekends race. For some odd reason drinking earlier in the day and being totally wasted by midnight seemed like a better idea. I wasn't feeling that so much the next day though.....

As far as this weekends race I have no freaken clue how I'm going to do. It's gotten colder than a witches tit and until this week it's been a VERY mild winter. Anyway if the wind is still here and it's in the single digits (counting wind chill factor) I may just keep it to a tempo run

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Prince of Fatness

As far as this weekends race I have no freaken clue how I'm going to do. It's gotten colder than a witches tit and until this week it's been a VERY mild winter. Anyway if the wind is still here and it's in the single digits (counting wind chill factor) I may just keep it to a tempo run

It's supposed to be get up to 50 again Saturday, 40 or so Sunday.

I ran after work yesterday and it was pretty brutal.  Coldest day of the season by far.  Hard to run with all of those layers on.

Not at it at all. 

L Train

Hard to run with all of those layers on.

That's what I'm going with, too. 

Feeling the growl again

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Red "X" is all I see.

mta:  interesting, it works on my home Mac.  Well played.

Well, that should dispel any lingering suspicion MilkTruck had about this being a rah-rah group.

Smile

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

Well, that should dispel any lingering suspicion MilkTruck had about this being a rah-rah group.

Smile

Potato Head ran for a year with a monster pain in his ass.  I think he's tough enough to handle a little ribbing.

an amazing likeness

Smile

Hmmmm...I never had any thoughts that it was a fru-fru event.  Actually, I assumed you had to kill yourself, some thing or someone in some freak mileage stunt and wrap yourself in the bloody hide of the beast before being allowed to approach the camp fire.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

an amazing likeness

Post it and go get it!

Person Race Name Location Date Goal Result
                                CR Disney Marathon Orlando FL 1/8 3:25  
                                Ennay  Y2k12 - 10k Forrest Grove OR 1/7 54:30  
                                Rockenmamaof5  Philly NYE 5k Philly  1/1 22:30   
                                Rockenmamaof5  Shiver by the River 5k Parts Unknown  1/8 22:00  
                                Beef   Planet Adventure Night Run (HM? or Full?)  Indy  1/28   TBD + drunk*  
                                Sol_Hand  Tripple D Bike/ski/run Race Iowa 1/15 Finish*  
                                CEIE  Tripple D Bike/ski/run Race  Iowa  1/15 under 5  

* as they say on ESPN, "C'mon Man"

Milktruck

Smuttynose Indoor Half Marathon

Milford, NH

1/14

1:40:59  (not get dizzy from 68 laps)

(Time goal is total pick out of the air...(1) I've never run on an indoor track, (2) it will be sudden temp change to warm temp)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.