3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

January Racing Thread (Read 1133 times)

53:03  Booyah. 

I want 30 seconds per mile by my March race.

BOOYAH!!! Great Job Anne!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Didn't get the sub 22 however today's race is what I expected the Jan 1st one to be like. 3 weeks of 80+ miles each week and another heavy one this week. I'm VERY happy with the result today. Forgot my HRM so relied on feel. Started out conservative and gradually sped up until the last mile was at 5k race pace. Believe it or not it felt easier than the last Shiver 5k last month.

Oh pretty sure my time was 22:22.02 (at least that's what my garmin has. 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Congratulations Anne!  Awesome run, and looking forward to what you're going to do in March.

And nice 5k (and long run), Pam.  22:22 is a great time not only in speediness but also in number sexiness.  You're running really well right now, and all this off those hard weeks.  Impressive stuff.

No racing for me, but I think I can say nice things about other people when it's deserved.  I'll balance it out by saying that I'm weak-minded and feeble and should sort out my racing head (and my running legs).

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Disney marathon today. 3:32:01 on my watch. But with 6 piss breaks (ikr) and at least a dozen pictures with characters I feel pretty good about where I am in training. I mean who the hell takes 6 piss breaks during a race. Sheesh.

congrats CR and I can empathize with the whole piss break thingSad

steph  

Congratulations Anne!  Awesome run, and looking forward to what you're going to do in March.

And nice 5k (and long run), Pam.  22:22 is a great time not only in speediness but also in number sexiness.  You're running really well right now, and all this off those hard weeks.  Impressive stuff.

No racing for me, but I think I can say nice things about other people when it's deserved.  I'll balance it out by saying that I'm weak-minded and feeble and should sort out my racing head (and my running legs).

Thanks Sarah! I wasn't even paying attention to the time, if I had I would have sped up and tried to at least get 22:15 though I have to say 22:22 is quite sexy when it comes to numbers.

As for you being weak-minded?? NOT A CHANCE!!! Nothing wrong with not being ready to race and just run for the sake of running! When you ARE ready to race you'll be kicking some ass I believe!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

53:03  Booyah. 

I want 30 seconds per mile by my March race.

Good Job Enney and you'll get it I'm sure.

steph  

And congrats to CR too.  The piss breaks sounds like something I'd do, so can definitely relate to it.  Running that time with 6 pees and loads of photos is saying good things.  Do we get to see photos?  (photos of the running or you with the Disney characters, not of the pissing).

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

You are doing well pam.   And still racking up the miles!

steph  

Feeling the growl again

Disney marathon today. 3:32:01 on my watch. But with 6 piss breaks (ikr) and at least a dozen pictures with characters I feel pretty good about where I am in training. I mean who the hell takes 6 piss breaks during a race. Sheesh.

So HOW MUCH BEER did you drink the day before??

I wish I was running Boston this year so I would be able to buy your beers afterwards.  You're going to kick ass.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Nice run considering all the stops.  The wife and her sister did the Disney Princess half last year.  I was the designated picture taker so I got to tag along where I could with the camera.  I'm not sure what you had for lines at the stops but we ran into traffic in some areas.  So with the piss breaks, you had at least 18 stops and still almost had a 3:30 marathon.  Holy crap!

I wish I was running Boston this year so I would be able to buy your beers afterwards.  You're going to kick ass.

Wish I were going this year but that's not the case.  I am definitely planning on 2013 so hopefully some of you other crazies will be there too!

Nice job Rocken!  So it looks like that was a PR for you?  Considering the last several weeks at 80+ mpw and no real speed specific work, that is absolutely awesome.  WOW!

C-R

So HOW MUCH BEER did you drink the day before??

Only had two and they were regular size Guinness.

Yeah - I wish you had the chance to go and we could both open up a can of whoop ass.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

C-R

Nice run considering all the stops.  The wife and her sister did the Disney Princess half last year.  I was the designated picture taker so I got to tag along where I could with the camera.  I'm not sure what you had for lines at the stops but we ran into traffic in some areas.  So with the piss breaks, you had at least 18 stops and still almost had a 3:30 marathon.  Holy crap!

That was cool of you for your wife and SIL. Lines were short usually no more than two. Of course it was typically someone with a special request.

The piss breaks still confuse me. I was running with the 3:35 pace group up to 21 where I pushed ahead and the pacer kept asking why I wasn't drinking at each of the aid stations. I guess he thought the extra stops were for pictures of the trees and woods. Heh.

One thing I notice this morning (legs a bit sore in a good way) is that there was lots of sprinting (relative mind you) and harder run sections to stay with the pace group after each stop. Surges and what not. It really was a fun way to spend the race.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

C-R

Rocken!!!!!  Nice race.

No weak stuff in the Hurtlocker so far in Jan.