3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Dream races (Read 462 times)

DoppleBock

who is ova ?

I can't spell - but Fuk - u - A1 too

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Queen of 3rd Place

That Big Man race looks sooo fun, too bad there's not something like that for the ladies. Maybe I should start my own. Probably there wouldn't be any takers, I can't quite see women getting into the "Size Matters" thing, hm, unless maybe if it's bra size. 

I'm with Willa, what could be more fun than a run with "Death" in it? I've already sent in the paperwork for the Bataan Memorial Death March in White Sands, NM next spring. I think a bunch of us were drinking when we thought it up, so, you know, that makes it a promise.

I've wanted to do the Marathon du Medoc ever since I saw this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=734ihjuMwUg&feature=related, OMG, the giant wine bottle cruising along about 45 sec into the video cracks me up every time. Besides, I have decent experience running marathons with a hangover, so I need to move up to running one while inebriated.

My apologies if I didn't quite make the 65% drinking content rule. I'm working on it.

Ex runner

Non ducor, duco.

That Big Man race looks sooo fun, too bad there's not something like that for the ladies. Maybe I should start my own. Probably there wouldn't be any takers, I can't quite see women getting into the "Size Matters" thing, hm, unless maybe if it's bra size. 

I'm with Willa, what could be more fun than a run with "Death" in it? I've already sent in the paperwork for the Bataan Memorial Death March in White Sands, NM next spring. I think a bunch of us were drinking when we thought it up, so, you know, that makes it a promise.

I've wanted to do the Marathon du Medoc ever since I saw this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=734ihjuMwUg&feature=related, OMG, the giant wine bottle cruising along about 45 sec into the video cracks me up every time. Besides, I have decent experience running marathons with a hangover, so I need to move up to running one while inebriated.

My apologies if I didn't quite make the 65% drinking content rule. I'm working on it.

Bataan is cool. Rough terrain! Are you going to ruck it?

Feeling the growl again

OMG, the giant wine bottle cruising along about 45 sec into the video cracks me up every time. Besides, I have decent experience running marathons with a hangover, so I need to move up to running one while inebriated.

You sound like another good Beer Mile candidate.  You can educate me on how much biochem I've forgotten.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Anything with "death race" in the name sounds like it could be a good time.

Just wanted to quote this.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Kalsarikännit

I forgot one...The Krispy Kreme Challenge (in North Carolina).  Two miles, twelve donuts, 2 more miles.  I seriously am curious how I would do.  Registration is open for Feb 5.  I have to think about this.

The course record is 24:31.  Sheesh.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

obsessor

Must you retain your krispy kremes all the way to the finish? I've had 8 in a day, and that made me feel ill.

C-R

Must you retain your krispy kremes all the way to the finish? I've had 8 in a day, and that made me feel ill.

I beleive there are several categories but in the competiton division you  must "keep 'em down". Not sure what the penalty is but my guess is that you can't win if you uke.

I think I would rather try and tackle a 100 miler next weekend than run that one. Too tough for me.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

I beleive there are several categories but in the competiton division you  must "keep 'em down". Not sure what the penalty is but my guess is that you can't win if you uke.

I think I would rather try and tackle a 100 miler next weekend than run that one. Too tough for me.

Keeping down 4 nasty beers while running hard was easier than I thought.  It was getting them down there that presented a challenge.  I would imagine it may be the same with krispy cremes.

Of course 4 =/= 12....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

Keeping down 4 nasty beers while running hard was easier than I thought.  It was getting them down there that presented a challenge.  I would imagine it may be the same with krispy cremes.

Of course 4 =/= 12....

You wouldn't want to waste good beer on a beer mile. Where's the enjoyment.

My biggest issue with the dougnuts is all that sugar. I get queasy thinking about it and I like sweets. I think a 3 mile race with 12 beers (1 per quarter) would be better than a dozen fat pills. Hell, just watching people run straight after the 10th beer would be great entertainment. Sort like Wipeout. All you get at the KKC is puking.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Kalsarikännit

See?  This is why I have to do it.  I'm not a huge fan of Krispy Kremes.  I'd just like to see how I do.  You know...in the name of science.

Go to fullsize image

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Carl A

Interjection! Hallelujah!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

DoppleBock

What is nasty ?

(sitting here hoping we get to drink "Old Style", PBR, Blatz, Old Milwaukee or similar fine beer)

Of course 4 =/= 12....

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

What is nasty ?

(sitting here hoping we get to drink "Old Style", PBR, Blatz, Old Milwaukee or similar fine beer)

Miller Genuine Draft.  Finding beer of high enough alcohol content in a can is problematic and limits options.

C-R

Old Swill or Splatz. You won't make 3/4 without crapping yourself.

MGD did meet the rule requirements but perhaps there is something a little better for this year. Time for research and taste testing.