3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

2011 Drinks in 2011 (Read 818 times)

Feeling the growl again

DB's log guilted me into officially adding a "Liquid Refresh" activity to my log.  In addition to being in the spirit of this place I think it will somewhat guilt me into controlling this better and staying focused on Boston.

I've curbed my alcohol intake quite a bit in recent weeks to it will be a lot less impressive (or apalling?) now than a couple months ago.

I think my goal would be sub-500 for 2011.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

On On

I added it too.  I just called my beers.  Seems simple enough since that is 99% of my consumption anyway.

I wonder if it will keep me in check.  It was a little sobering to see how many it had been already for the year (19) compared to miles (18.7) for the year.  And I haven't even had a drink today (but I did get in my run).

I am now thinking if I should include the 3 beers I had before bed but after midnight on 12/31/2010 going into 1/1/2011.  They were the only 3 beers I had that night but they were all after midnight.

C-R

I added it last month but will keep better track now. I too need to drop this into a more reasonable land. Quality vs. quantity. That's the new mantra.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

obsessor

DB's log guilted me into officially adding a "Liquid Refresh" activity to my log.  In addition to being in the spirit of this place I think it will somewhat guilt me into controlling this better and staying focused on Boston.

I've curbed my alcohol intake quite a bit in recent weeks to it will be a lot less impressive (or apalling?) now than a couple months ago.

I think my goal would be sub-500 for 2011.

500, sounds like a good number, if consumed on most days. All on the weekends... not as healthy.

DoppleBock

< 500 would be like you shooting for a OTQ marathon time - maybe somewhere in there, but ...

Well maybe not a good anology ... but summer I can hit 500 in 3 months

<1,000 is more likely

But I will go with you Mr Spaniel < 500 it is ... as he feels is spare tire with 30# in it.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Kalsarikännit

Good idea.  I think I will steal the swimming thing.  It will make my log look impressive to strangers  Wink (if I ever open it back up).

Ultra-runner Andy Jones-Wilkins just made a guest post on Crain Thornley's site.  He noted the secret of his success...

No massages. No stretching. No Yoga. Just working hard, putting it all on the table on race day, and drinking malted beverages for recovery every single day of the year (my current streak is 789 days and counting).

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Ostrich runner

Along with my resolution this year to start logging again, I've started logging my drinks under the "crunking" label.  I'm already behind in my resolution though...I'll make sure to give it some attention this evening.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

< 500 would be like you shooting for a OTQ marathon time - maybe somewhere in there, but ...

Well maybe not a good anology ... but summer I can hit 500 in 3 months

<1,000 is more likely

But I will go with you Mr Spaniel < 500 it is ... as he feels is spare tire with 30# in it.

Yeah I think 500 is a bit optimistic, but we'll see how it goes.  If anything it will stop me from binge drinking 3 work days in a row.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ultra-runner Andy Jones-Wilkins just made a guest post on Crain Thornley's site.  He noted the secret of his success...

No massages. No stretching. No Yoga. Just working hard, putting it all on the table on race day, and drinking malted beverages for recovery every single day of the year (my current streak is 789 days and counting).

Umm, was this guest post in jest?

obsessor

seriously doubt it.

seriously doubt it.

It's good to be self-confident, but come on... I think that's a bit over the top. 

Dave

Along with my resolution this year to start logging again, I've started logging my drinks under the "crunking" label.  I'm already behind in my resolution though...I'll make sure to give it some attention this evening.

How do you determine if your "crunking" is an "Easy" or a "Race"?

Your last log entry for 7 confused me as it was labelled as a "Race".  Does this imply that happy hour was ending and you had to pile the drinks on in a short period of time?

I'm completely out of shape for this.  A few good bouts of gout induced by alchohol consumption has reduced my annual intake from a moderate 500 or so down to perhaps 250.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

obsessor

It's good to be self-confident, but come on... I think that's a bit over the top. 

Nah. I believe it. Stretching might be almost completely unnecessary for ultra running. Massage and Yoga are not a prerequisite for success. BUT, hard work and laying it on the line are required. I think that quote, if not true for Andy Jones, is true for other top-notch runners.

If you do all the little things, it will help, but there are plenty of little things that are not done by plenty of top runners. I can name a few, if you would like to hear. Better runners than Andy Jones. Here is one example: George Young.

Ostrich runner

How do you determine if your "crunking" is an "Easy" or a "Race"?

Your last log entry for 7 confused me as it was labelled as a "Race".  Does this imply that happy hour was ending and you had to pile the drinks on in a short period of time?

I'm completely out of shape for this.  A few good bouts of gout induced by alchohol consumption has reduced my annual intake from a moderate 500 or so down to perhaps 250.

Oh, it's a race.  I gotta figure out how many drinks to log a 5th of Old Grandad.  

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Kalsarikännit

If you read the full post, it is in jest.  They talk a lot of shit with each other.  Thornley guest posted on AJW's site, too.

The no yoga, stretching, etc is probably no joke.  His beer drinking is not a joke.  He downs a lot of Sierra Nevadas.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart