3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

2013 First Quarter Weight Loss Thread (Read 504 times)

Walk-Jogger

My target running weight is 133 lbs for training, 134 when well-fed before a HM race. Been struggling since last week to keep my weight up above 132, so I've been having to stuff my face with extra carbs & protein yesterday and today. I'm getting sick of eating so much... Oops, sorry; wrong thread... Joking

Retired &  Loving It

kcam

My target running weight is 133 lbs for training, 134 when well-fed before a HM race. Been struggling since last week to keep my weight up above 132, so I've been having to stuff my face with extra carbs & protein yesterday and today. I'm getting sick of eating so much... Oops, sorry; wrong thread... Joking

Feeling the growl again

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Oh, just rub it in.

steph  

Walk-Jogger

Hmmm, where have I seen that sign before? LOL.  Sorry, I apologize for that, it was mean of me.  But seriously, I did not run Thursday, and only ran 2 miles Friday since I'm tapering for a race today, and based on all that I've eaten the past two days, I would expect to be up to 134 lbs or more this morning. And yet, I'm only 132.1ish, and hungry. That is strange, for me.

Retired &  Loving It

bhearn

W8: 169.1

flarunner

week 8: 119.6

Seems a bunch of us are moving in the wrong direction. Hmmm... OK, for me: new month, new determination. No gut rot. Don't buy it, don't eat it. There, I said it.

C-R

176 and steady.

Cecil - I think you need to run with one of those weight vests so you can feel how it's for the rest of us.  Heh.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Seems a bunch of us are moving in the wrong direction. Hmmm... OK, for me: new month, new determination. No gut rot. Don't buy it, don't eat it. There, I said it.

After a bit of a pity party for myself comprised of food and beer over the weekend, regardless of whether I am able to start running again I have re-committed.  I just turned down very good cake.  That's a start.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I have re-committed.  I just turned down very good cake.  That's a start.

I gave up sweets for lent so I feel your pain as far as the cake goes!  I've been dying for a

good cake or pie.  Always want what I can't have.

Now, I'm also re-committing my self to the weight loss thing.  I hesitate to mention it here but

since calorie counting hasn't been working (no control at the moment) I am giving the low carb type thing a go.

So, as well as sweets, out go most of the other carbs too.

FWIW:  I followed Atkins quite a few years ago.  Lost 35-40lbs.  I did have plenty of energy.

Though I didn't run nearly as much then I did run regularly.  I haven't settled on the exact plan

as of yet.

steph  

kcam

W8:  150.0

This was Sunday weigh-in while I normally weigh-in on Saturday.  My race was Saturday in Redding which we traveled for so didn't have my scale to weigh in.    I'm guessing I was <150 for the race but on the way back we pigged out on some fast food which definitely hits me in water weight the next day.

kcam

I gave up sweets for lent so I feel your pain as far as the cake goes!  I've been dying for a

Now, I'm also re-committing my self to the weight loss thing.  I hesitate to mention it here but

since calorie counting hasn't been working (no control at the moment) I am giving the low carb type thing a go.

FWIW:  I followed Atkins quite a few years ago.  Lost 35-40lbs.  I did have plenty of energy.

Though I didn't run nearly as much then I did run regularly.  I haven't settled on the exact plan

as of yet.

I'm not one to tell anyone how to go about their nutrition or training but I will say that once I consciously reduced my carb intake significantly I lost a good bit of weight and it has stayed off for quite a long time.  No effect on my energy levels and I race just fine even longer distance races.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I'm not one to tell anyone how to go about their nutrition or training but I will say that once I consciously reduced my carb intake significantly I lost a good bit of weight and it has stayed off for quite a long time.  No effect on my energy levels and I race just fine even longer distance races.

Glad to hear it.

steph  

I just turned down very good cake.  That's a start.

We should send it to Cecil.

And as for me: the freight scale couldn't decide between 157.0/157.5 today (post-run and barely dressed (but not particularly dehydrated, FYI)).  Seemed to stay ever-so-slightly longer on 157.0, but I'll report it as 157.5 pounds.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

C-R

Steph,

I am currently reading "Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Performance" by Phinney. Like $6 for kindle. It gives some good ideas and balance of strategy for low carb and endurance performance sports (running, cycling, etc)

as of yet.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/