3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

2013 First Quarter Weight Loss Thread (Read 504 times)

xhristopher

I'm in.

Right now I'm 180 and would like to get down to 170 for Boston... less than a pound a week.

Kalsarikännit

This is Tater to me.

Tater is God?

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I'm in.

Start: 164

Goal: 155

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

Tater is God?

Umm no. This guy is much closer to Him.

I would have just posted a pic but figured this crowd needed a little help.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Only on a running forum would you have a weight loss thread, and get a page and half of posts wanting to loose 5-10 pounds!  (I think that speaks well for us).  I was going to ignore this since I'm pretty close to where I want to be, but what the heck.  I always seem to be stuck at 160, which is where I'm at now.  I think I'd do well if I could shed a few more pounds down to 155.

Only vices I have are beer and ice cream.  Grrr, or maybe I can just run more!

lagwagon

I would have just posted a pic but figured this crowd needed a little help.

you expect us to know some obscure rugby player with a lot of unnecessary "k"s in his name?

xhristopher

Only on a running forum would you have a weight loss thread, and get a page and half of posts wanting to loose 5-10 pounds!  (I think that speaks well for us). 

Yesterday I told someone at work I'd like to cut 10 lbs and I got that "you are totally effing crazy" look and then some comment about why. I'm happy about that.

Feeling the growl again

Start:  153

Goal: 146

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Tater is God?

First time I've heard that one, even in jest.

Not at it at all. 

bhearn

Yesterday I told someone at work I'd like to cut 10 lbs and I got that "you are totally effing crazy" look and then some comment about why. I'm happy about that.

Yeah. My sister-in-law warned me not to lose any more weight, or I'll be "manorexic". Which is funny, because (like my wife, and their mother) she's way skinnier than me.

OK, I'll play. Gotta lose those holiday pounds, plus the ones I failed to lose for Tucson.

Current weight: 169

Ideally I'd hit 155 for Boston -- a pound a week. So that looks like

Goal weight: 157

at the end if March. I can do a pound a week easy when I am careful. But getting below 160 will be tough; I have never managed that before. (I'm 5'11".)

kcam

Start weight - 152.5  I went as high as 155.5 over the holidays, this was this morning's weight - Saturday weigh-in on this cycle.  Yeah, that's the secret!  Weigh-in on Sat not Wed ... why didn't I think of that before?!

Goal weight - 145.0

I'm in for now. I'll probably start a bulking phase once I'm cleared to lift more than 5-10 lbs

122.6 and goal would be 118

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

1/7: 175.5 (not really progress, more like low part of the water-weight curve)

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Feeling the growl again

I've changed strategies and started weighing in daily and graphing the results.  The weekly thing did not work for me, I think, because it was too easy to rationalize a bad day or two by thinking I could catch up by the next weigh-in.  Now I will have to pay the piper in the morning.

Somehow I lost 1.4 lbs yesterday by drinking beer and eating wings with C-R and WhoDat.  Now that's a diet I can stick with.

(Probably helped that I skipped the other 2 meals and ran twice...)

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Seanv2

I've changed strategies and started weighing in daily and graphing the results.  The weekly thing did not work for me, I think, because it was too easy to rationalize a bad day or two by thinking I could catch up by the next weigh-in.  Now I will have to pay the piper in the morning.

I'm doing the same thing and I think its working.  Instead of being surprised by a two or three pound gain, I can keep on top of things with a morning weigh in.  Are you tracking you weight here on RA? I've always just leave the weight at the default, but I'm thinking of changing that.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com