3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Happy Holidays (Read 13 times)

DoppleBock

I hope everyone has Happy Holidays!  Let's not gain weight - Let's gain fitness!

It was always my tradition to do a Long" run on Thanksgiving morning, Christmas eve morning, and New Years eve morning.  I guess it was to pay for the extra eating and drinking.  During my ultra years it was at least 50k.

My past definition of "Long" was limited mostly by the amount of time I had those mornings.  This year it will be limited by my fitness level.

Tomorrow morning I am hoping to get 10+ miles - There will be some walk breaks.

Anyone else ?

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

kcam

I'm signed up for a 10K turkey trot but I fell and hurt my chest today (don't ask).  I've already paid my $50 so I'm going.  I'm just gonna try to jog it but I'll do the course twice.

DoppleBock

Sorry for the fall ... Hope it was a good day running.

I did 15 on the TM at the YMCA - It was about = to the efforts 10 years ago that would be 30+ on Turkey day.  But I am happy with what I got today. 

I'm signed up for a 10K turkey trot but I fell and hurt my chest today (don't ask).  I've already paid my $50 so I'm going.  I'm just gonna try to jog it but I'll do the course twice.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

The King of Beasts

Monkey messed me up pretty well so I'm just walking this week, hope to make it out for a little jog on Saturday and Sunday.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

C-R

Hey all. Been a minute. Also had a fall and cracked a couple of ribs before Thanksgiving. Kept me out of Monkey which was sad.

Back at it a bit now training for a spring marathon.

Merry Christmas everyone.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/