3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I'm pretty sure that wasn't the stocking stuffer they were looking for!  Impressive.  Hope all goes well for you and the family this week Spaniel.

I at least hit 80 for another week.  Threw the mileage chase out the window on Christmas and had a good run with the wife.  She was only going to do a few but the next thing I knew, she kept turning with me as we chatted.  Just like old times.  It was a good end to a solid week.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.  We're due to sanitize the house with the sick kids and visitors we had this weekend.

Wow!  Congrats on the multiple 80s.

steph  

Thanks pfetro, you'll get the lead back tomorrow or Saturday Wink  250 is beyond me this month, but I hope I can get the 226 with a few bonus miles on there.

Let's see....a nice double today that puts you within 4 miles of the 226 and you "hope" to get the 226 with a few bonus miles.  BTW, nice double today.  pfetro and Greg C need to step it up in the final days.

Let's see....a nice double today that puts you within 4 miles of the 226 and you "hope" to get the 226 with a few bonus miles.  BTW, nice double today.  pfetro and Greg C need to step it up in the final days.

NICE!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I'm pretty sure that wasn't the stocking stuffer they were looking for!  Impressive.  Hope all goes well for you and the family this week Spaniel.

I at least hit 80 for another week.  Threw the mileage chase out the window on Christmas and had a good run with the wife.  She was only going to do a few but the next thing I knew, she kept turning with me as we chatted.  Just like old times.  It was a good end to a solid week.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.  We're due to sanitize the house with the sick kids and visitors we had this weekend.

Feels nice to be in the 80's doesn't it . Nice running!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Early labor, discharged soon. Cost me one run in morning and another in evening already, won't be awfully long.

BTDT, hopefully the early labor doesn't last too long. 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Feels nice to be in the 80's doesn't it . Nice running!

And congrats to you too Rocken!   You guys are knocking them out!

steph  

Feeling the growl again

BTDT, hopefully the early labor doesn't last too long. 

No developments today...she even went to work.  The not knowing when is the worst part of this dance.

I took the opportunity to triple and make up for the run I missed yesterday....all on the treadmill to stay near the phone...all within an 8-hour period from start to finish. 

Now I see the opposition has already stacked up 16.5 miles today, so that's the minimum bar for me tomorrow.  Ugh.

Ugh.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Heh. Left a late night present for ya. Not too much but a little something.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Heh. Left a late night present for ya. Not too much but a little something.

Better that what the dog sometimes leaves for me in front of the back door in the morning I guess. So the goal tomorrow is now twenty. I can do that with a double. MAYBE I will leave an additional bonus for you. Only four days to go....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

So i've been behind my goal since day one pretty much.  I took 2 days off to let an achilles issue heal and figured the goal was out the window.  However I've rallied a bit and with 4 days to go I feel like it might happen. We've just been hit with our first substantial snow of the season, fortunately  i've got a treadmill.

Spaniel your will to win this thing is stupid impressive.  I think the bigger winner in all this though is going to be rabutler.  Knocking out a 60 mile week and just overall running a lot more, it's is going to be fun to watch the improvement come racing season.

Feeling the growl again

I think the bigger winner in all this though is going to be rabutler.  Knocking out a 60 mile week and just overall running a lot more, it's is going to be fun to watch the improvement come racing season.

+1. I think I pretty much called that one from the get-go.

But the beer is not won yet.  Three days is seeming like a long time right now.

MTA:  Passed 500 miles this morning with 3.5 days to go.  CRIMINY.

But the beer is not won yet.  Three days is seeming like a long time right now.

MTA:  Passed 500 miles this morning with 3.5 days to go.  CRIMINY.

And a 32 mile lead...It's a meaningless number right now as there is still a lot of time left on the table for miles to be had.

C-R

RA has brought his A game and those races will be fun to watch. Here I sit in the car traveling to friends for a few days wondering if I can get my 2nd run today (and no I'm not driving). Dang it I need to step up. Nothing easy in this throw down. 500 is pretty sweet though.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

L Train

So i've been behind my goal since day one pretty much.  I took 2 days off to let an achilles issue heal and figured the goal was out the window.  However I've rallied a bit and with 4 days to go I feel like it might happen. We've just been hit with our first substantial snow of the season, fortunately  i've got a treadmill.

I haven't completely given up the game yet, though the only reason I'm still in it is because of your sickness/achilles for a few days.  Christmas  killed any slim chance I had.  Still, I've run more than I think I otherwise would have, so even though I'm a loser I'm still happy to get this:

I'm a little concerned that I do not seem to be getting any faster though.  That doesn't seem right.

Feeling the growl again

I'm a little concerned that I do not seem to be getting any faster though.  That doesn't seem right.

Get that thing the fuck out of here.

Hey, as long as you're still pushing the leader you're still in the game, even if it's not realistic to take the lead.  You're causing effort and pain.  It's only if you give up early that you have to resort to the "participant" card.

I'm not getting faster, in fact I'm getting slower from over-doing the volume and needing to go slower in order to get some semblance of recovery.  However, getting faster now is not the point (at least for me).  It's getting volume and building those adaptations (though I question the value of what I have done in the past 2 weeks).  That's what periodization is, you slow down to get in the volume and then you cut the volume as you add back in quality....and, in the end, you are faster for it.

That, or you get pissed at the wasted work and drink heavily.