3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

Awesome!

I call a winner!

549.5 miles and a baby boy. No way we can top that.

Big grin

+1!  Congratulations again.

Also, brilliant month (and year) TeaOlive, so many firsts in December!

Awesome finish to the year L Train with that run today, and sorry your ankle isn't great kmark-I hope it feels better very soon.

Very nice year and month MrPH, Happy New Year to you too!

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

I'm kind of amazed at how well this ridiculousness has turned out all across the board. Congrats all around, and extra congrats to Spaniel and family on the new addition.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

In honor of baby spaniel I ran the 9 miles I needed to close out the month of December with 250 miles and back to back 60 mile weeks. My previous best month was November with 129.1 miles. I never would have attempted to run that many miles without the motivation of you bunch of lunatics. I probably won't run that many miles again for a while, but it's good to know I can. Now I just need to run them faster. Smile

January 1 will definitely be a rest day. I'm planning on a day of beer, football, and video games.

I hope everyone has a fantastic 2012!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

January 1 will definitely be a rest day.

Yeah, I've been considering this as well.  My last day off was November 14.  I'm thinking that I will go out for a half hour jog late tomorrow morning just to shake out the cobwebs.

Nice month you had there, RA.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

Great month ra. You're effort kept us in the game. I told Spaniel today that we were only 8.2 back and with all of the stuff happening it was a blast. Idiotic but a blast. I hit 300 for the first time ever and am looking forward to 2012. 

BTW - Mrs. Spaniel mentioned something about you and I (ra) being on the top of the list. It did not sound like a good list so we might consider bringing something in addition to the well earned beer.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Great month everyone!  Just finished off the day, month and year with a 16 mile effort.  Almost hit 330 for the month!  This is well over the 225 I originally threw out there.  That target was to just get me to 2500 for the year.  Guess I blew past that.  I have all of you to thank for the stupidity.  It was fun while it lasted.

Happy New Year everyone!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Great month every one!  

I wouldn't have gotten to 300 with out this group--I wouldn't even have thought to try.

I'm very excited about the new year.  Just a short run in the morning to start it off.

Me too ra, I have to learn to get faster!

Happy New Year to every one!

steph  

C-R

It was fun while it lasted.

What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! 

And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...

We  lace 'em up on Jan 1 and start doubles.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! 

And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...

We  lace 'em up on Jan 1 and start doubles.

+1!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Feeling the growl again

Got home late, but was 2 days from my longest streak ever so needed to keep it going.  Ripped off 3 on the tm, I'm so out of it I could barely stay on the belt.

Eventually I will be coherent enough to update the board at the start of the thread and recognize all that deserves recognizing here.  Until then, I need to sleep.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

A Saucy Wench

So it is past midnight then for most of you.   Congrats to everyone!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Ennay is winning!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Feeling the growl again

Final numbers are updated.

-Wow, people, almost everybody made it.  I didn't see soft goals out there either.

-L Train pulls out a narrow win over an injured kmark.  Heal up quickly, kmark, very sorry to hear about the injury.  I'm surprised we didn't get more of them in this foolishness.

-Hoppity comes out on top.

-550+ miles for both C-R/ra and myself...if I had known the bar would be that high when this started I surely would have opted out.  Thanks for the push, guys, I foresee some awesome spring racing for us all.

-I must recognize rabutler, TeaOlive and those others who really took their training to new heights during this challenge.  Truly impressive.  Now that you know what you can do....what's next??

-Very happy to see mbehr back in form.  You've got a strong start on spring training man!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

It came down to that last minute delirious 3 miler on the TM? Daaaammmmnnnnnn. Nice battle.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Feeling the growl again

It came down to that last minute delirious 3 miler on the TM? Daaaammmmnnnnnn. Nice battle.

Well, notice I didn't underline anybody's name as having won that one.  Sans baby, I had big plans for the last 36 hours but that didn't happen.  C-R/ra were well within their rights to use that advantage to bury me, and I'm not sure I could have fit in a much longer run to fight it out last night.  But they didn't by choice.  Honestly I didn't even see how it played out until after I came on to log that last run.