3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Recovery period from Marathon (Read 372 times)

DoppleBock

*  I could hardly walk on Monday

*  Walk with pain Tuesday - Running 7/4 was actually less painful than walking

*  Today will be running 9/6/6 - about half as painful as Monday

I think this Sunday it would be appropriate to do a 50 miler train race ... Although I do plan on taking it easy ... Just a nice frolic in the woods

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

I think this Sunday it would be appropriate to do a 50 miler train race ... Although I do plan on taking it easy ... Just a nice frolic in the woods

You are a fucking lunatic.  And I mean that in the best possible way.

I usually run a 4 mile, teeth-gritting run 4 days after, and return to more or less full volume in 2 weeks.  But that first run hurts like a bitch.  However, by the next day I find it has loosened things up and actually speeded recovery so it's worth it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

That is freakishly sick and I am in awe.

I just hope I can walk to the fridge this time since I plan to leave it all on the course.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

What is a train race? Do you race a train? In that case, you will win.

~Sara
          It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

DoppleBock

Ha ha

A training race - One in which you run at the pace of a training run, not a race.  Last time I did this race I was 2nd OA with a 7:50 - This time I would shoot for 10 hours giver or take a few minutes - Just a nice powerhike/jog through the rolling hills.  Of course those rolling hills are full of rocks and roots and are prtty much non-stop.  I am not to proud to walk up or down the steep ones.

Ha ha

A training race - One in which you run at the pace of a training run, not a race.  Last time I did this race I was 2nd OA with a 7:50 - This time I would shoot for 10 hours giver or take a few minutes - Just a nice powerhike/jog through the rolling hills.  Of course those rolling hills are full of rocks and roots and are prtty much non-stop.  I am not to proud to walk up or down the steep ones.

Ahh sounds like a perfect recovery run then.

~Sara
              It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

DoppleBock

http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_event.asp?EVENTID=63756&BIB=2&S=230&PWD=

Here is how I giggled for 26.2 miles

The only picture that I am not in pain or at least I smile because the pain is over ... the finish line

Let it be a lesson to everyone ... being fat hurts .. it hurts a lot!

Dave

This thread delivers big time.  Even if we're in the fake swamp without an overlord.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

C-R

This thread delivers big time.  Even if we're in the fake swamp without an overlord.

Dude. A1 is the overlord here. Careful or he will punch you in the throat.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Queen of 3rd Place

http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_event.asp?EVENTID=63756&BIB=2&S=230&PWD=

Here is how I giggled for 26.2 miles

The only picture that I am not in pain or at least I smile because the pain is over ... the finish line

Let it be a lesson to everyone ... being fat hurts .. it hurts a lot!

Shee-it, I don't know how you gain/lose weight like you do. Especially stunning the way you take it off when you put your mind to it.

Must be something about those 50 mi train races.

Ex runner

DoppleBock

Loaded like a freight train - Baby

Loaded like a freight train
                        Flyin' like an aeroplane
                        Feelin' like a space brain
                        One more time tonight
                        Well I'm a west coast struttin'
                        One bad mother
                        Got a rattlesnake suitcase
                        Under my arm
                        Said I'm a mean machine
                        Been drinkin' gasoline
                        And honey you can make my motor hum
                        I got one chance left
                        In a nine live cat
                        I got a dog eat dog sly smile
                        I got a Molotov cocktail
                        With a match to go
                        I smoke my cigarette with style
                        An I can tell you honey
                        You can make my money tonight

Shee-it, I don't know how you gain/lose weight like you do. Especially stunning the way you take it off when you put your mind to it.

Must be something about those 50 mi train races.

Hawt and sexy

So DB. According to the last list sent out on the twitter, you are still top 5 for the 24 hour next year. You gonna?

I'm touching your pants.

DoppleBock

So DB. According to the last list sent out on the twitter, you are still top 5 for the 24 hour next year. You gonna?

I am hopefully - Brugg June 2011 !

To do list between now and then

1)  lose 50#

2)  Run a lot

I do not start serious training until December, But it would be nice to be down 25-30# by year end.

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

If you want to race a train, there's this next Sunday:  http://www.clubct.org/Races/GTR/GTR.html

DoppleBock

Here I thought you were going to have a link for the Iowa marathon than people keep getting stopped by a train