3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Prince of Fatness

Be patient, and the beer will arrive.

No hurry, I just did not want to be the bottleneck.  Just let me know before you ship because I am heading out of town in a couple of weeks,

I still have to do some shopping for you anyway.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

I think the resealing is just a gimmick

I agree.  Who reseals a pint?  Unless you are talking about a growler I wouldn't ever see the need to reseal.  Maybe to avoid spillage if you are outdoors I guess.

Not at it at all. 

If you are referring to their first collaboration...didn't taste it, got into Sun King after that was out.

As for the can...I noticed a number of beers coming out in these when I was in Binny's last weekend up in Chicago.  It makes in nice to keep the second half of the pint in, nice and cold in the fridge, while you sip the first half out of a frosted mug.  Other than that, I'm not sure why it is a big deal.

Yeah, it was about the beer not the can.  I don't have a problem with needing to reseal my beer. Big grin

a robust dose of hops.   Hop Project, but not quite that hoppy.   As I've said before I am not a hop groupie.

My ears were almost burning.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Feeling the growl again

I agree.  Who reseals a pint?  Unless you are talking about a growler I wouldn't ever see the need to reseal.  Maybe to avoid spillage if you are outdoors I guess.

It does say something about "pack in, pack out", so perhaps the outdoor angle is right.

Although, if I'm packing beer in some place (likely to have to drink half-warm) you can be damn sure it won't be ~$4.50 pints.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I got a bottle for you and C-R, too, BTW.

You da man!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Indy peeps, I may be driving through on Saturday November 3, midday. Then again the following Weds, midday as well.

Folks around?

Span, I can save you some postage Smile

Feeling the growl again

Indy peeps, I may be driving through on Saturday November 3, midday. Then again the following Weds, midday as well.

Folks around?

I would be around 11/3 as far as I know.  I could certainly hand off the beer and visit for awhile; not sure at this point that I could come down into Indy to do this however.  I am leaving on an international trip on 11/4 so I will have stuff to get done.

I will not be available the following Wednesday as I will be drinking Guinness at the source.  Smile  I could always leave the beer with WhoDat however.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

I cannot make this offer, but your reward for paying postage is that I will be also paying postage in order to send you back some quality beers that you do not have the ability to buy out there.

Not at it at all. 

Ostrich runner

I doubt I will be around on that Saturday, but Weds is a possibility.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

I cannot make this offer, but your reward for paying postage is that I will be also paying postage in order to send you back some quality beers that you do not have the ability to buy out there.

No worries!  WhoDat and I are meeting to exchange the SK Oktoberfest tonight, and I am stopping by Flat 12 on the way home to return the keg and pick up your loot there (I assume they now stock their own bottles).  Once I find an appropriate box....should have yours shipping sometime next week.

It seems all I have been doing for the past week is buying/stocking/drinking beer and screwing around with winemaking activities....

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Folks around?

I'll be running the Monumental Half that Saturday morning in downtown Indy, so depending on the time that could be a possibility. Wednesday is less likely, but could be possible, depending on the time.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

I'll be running the Monumental Half that Saturday morning in downtown Indy, so depending on the time that could be a possibility. Wednesday is less likely, but could be possible, depending on the time.

MTA.  Nevermind, I can't read.

Feeling the growl again

Here you go, Finn:

All packed up and ready to go.  I know nothing about safely shipping beer so with how I packed them they should survive your standard tactical nuke.  Or Frankenstorm.

If you'll be around, I will ship Tuesday or Wednesday so you get around the end of the week.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

(I'd like one of them SunKing Octoberfests as well. Actually 2, if possible Smile Ditto Duece.)