3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

2015 (Read 60 times)

Prince of Fatness

Meh.  Hip is better than a year ago after surgery as far as sitting pain goes but I still have some nerve impingement shit going on somewhere.  So,,,

• Figure out what is going on with my hip.  I took a few months off from doctors one because my hip needed to heal from surgery and two I am sick of going to the doctors.
    • Be able to exercise regularly without my hip interfering.  Get into some kind of shape including losing weight.
    • Run another beer mile somewhere.
    • Hiking.  It appears that I can walk, and I live near some great places to hike nearby, including the AT.  When the weather gets nicer I cannot go on long runs on weekends but I may try some long hikes.  This might help on a few fronts, including my attitude.

Time to evaluate.

• Partial success.  Got a shit ton of Graston done to the hip this year and it has loosened up quite a bit.  But, I have come away with the feeling that I may never completely fix things and am better off trying to devise a way to manage them.
    • Partial success.  I've been running consistently at least and have not broken down.  The weight is still holding me back tho.
    • I covered the beer part, just forgot to run the mile.
    • Did a little of this but not enough.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

If I man up and do the proper training all the other shit will fall into place. That's 2015 for me if I really want it.

Brevity is the soul of wit and A1 hit it out of the park.

So tater started this and I pretty much was 2015's bitch. It owned me.

Good news is that I'm on the proper side of the dirt and 2016 is another chance to man up.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I'm gonna do everything in my power to PR by 6 minutes and 23 seconds at Boston. That's it. After that, we'll see.

This was a big fat can of nope. As was pretty much the entire year on the running front. By far the worst year since I started. I just sucked all year long. Mistakes, injuries, zero PRs, bleh.

The good news is that I'm pissed off, motivated, and ready to get to work on 2016.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

kcam

I find myself still suffering from a moderate case of PF in my left heel.  I've been doing all I can, short of taking a break from running, to get it healed to no avail.  After my 12/7 marathon I've run only once and am keeping to my resolution to take at least until Jan 1 as a break from trainiing.  I'm getting fat and out of shape!

My goals for 2015 is to

1 - Get the PF in my left heel cleared up enough to resume training.

2 - De-emphasize distance training and emphasize speed in a few mini-cycles until the end of the summer.

3 - Do all I can to be ready to ramp mileage at the end of August.

4 - Get back on my mountain bikes on a regular basis for some low impact (as long as I don't crash too much!), cardiovascular training.

Towards #4 I rode about 12 miles of easy trails yesterday and 4 miles of tough, technical trails today.  Beautiful day, I got in just under an hour at HR of 150-155  (2 miles of solid, technical climbing) which is GREAT!  To get an hour at 150-155 HR running, I'd have had to run well over 10 miles at slightly faster than marathon pace.  My heel is thanking me for not subjecting it to that right now.

Well, now, le'see ...

1 - BOOM!  Can actually say the PF is gone and has been for about 5 or 6 months now.  I can finally start a new year off with completely healthy feet and niggle-free.  Haven't been able to do that for a couple years now.

2 - I did that and ... I sucked.  Did nothing for me.  I just don't seem to respond well to fast-paced, short intervals, seem to do better off lots of easy mileage and tempo runs / cruise intervals and regular racing at many different distances.  I'll get back to that style in 2016.

3 - I was ready but didn't ramp mileage after August.  Dunno why, life I guess.

4 - Complete ZERO.  Haven't been on a ride for about 4 months.

Not bad for 2015, how can a runner argue with starting the year off healthy - amiright?!  Here's to 2016.  Cheers!

Good too see you 100% Ken!  I might be in the San Jose area later in the year if you are up for a run!